The End Of Enco?

Not bloody likely. They don't want my money, fine. I'll just giver it to someone who does.

Are you this irritable about everything? I work as a developer (not for Enco or MSC), but responses like this affirm why I refuse to interact with customers/end-users.

Are you this irritable about everything? I work as a developer (not for Enco or MSC), but responses like this affirm why I refuse to interact with customers/end-users.
I think he's being reasonable. Why should he jump through all sorts of hoops when he can solve his problem by simply taking his business elsewhere? That's how I react to that sort of thing.

I think he's being reasonable. Why should he jump through all sorts of hoops when he can solve his problem by simply taking his business elsewhere? That's how I react to that sort of thing.

In my opinion, what I'm seeing in this thread is a lot off moaning and a complete lack of empathy of any kind.

For example, customer service is not what it once was. CS reps are now usually minimum wage, or slightly above that. The internet did away with highly skilled reps, because 99% of customers will never interact with them. Everything going digital, drastically limited what they can help you with, If the CRM they use doesn't have a screen for it, all they can do is open a ticket to tier 2 support (if they have it), or read you some set of directions they got in a memo. In short, I think people here are expecting way to much from customer service reps today.

From a development stand point, They are doing what is commonly refereed to as a data migration. I've been involved in several endeavors of this nature and stuff always falls through the cracks. I was involved in a major telecom migrations that cost several hundred million dollars, took 2 years to do, and even it had random issue that required people to go in and randomly massage the data by hand. You would be amazed how something that would seem utterly trivial can cause huge problems.

I blame the internet/computers for this, because people are so accustom to everything working perfectly, instantaneously, and with minimal input from them, that they become irrationally angry when everything doesn't go as planned.

In my opinion, what I'm seeing in this thread is a lot off moaning and a complete lack of empathy of any kind.

For example, customer service is not what it once was. CS reps are now usually minimum wage, or slightly above that. The internet did away with highly skilled reps, because 99% of customers will never interact with them. Everything going digital, drastically limited what they can help you with, If the CRM they use doesn't have a screen for it, all they can do is open a ticket to tier 2 support (if they have it), or read you some set of directions they got in a memo. In short, I think people here are expecting way to much from customer service reps today.

From a development stand point, They are doing what is commonly refereed to as a data migration. I've been involved in several endeavors of this nature and stuff always falls through the cracks. I was involved in a major telecom migrations that cost several hundred million dollars, took 2 years to do, and even it had random issue that required people to go in and randomly massage the data by hand. You would be amazed how something that would seem utterly trivial can cause huge problems.

I blame the internet/computers for this, because people are so accustom to everything working perfectly, instantaneously, and with minimal input from them, that they become irrationally angry when everything doesn't go as planned.

It's not just this ENCO thing people are dealing with, poor customer service that sends you into a cirular loop between two departments or hitting a dead end is all to common. And why should we have empathy for a business? Aren't they supposed to be competing for our dollars? I think most people have been given the runaround enough by customer service from everything from the cable company to the auto dealership that you likely won't find any sympathy for your cause unless you go to a forum dedicated to abused customer service reps. I recently had to make 3 phone calls to Enco to get a $79.51 refund due to them not posting a discount code that they should have to my order. Once I got the refund, my bank mistakenly rescinded it because they thought it was fraudulent (because I had had fraudulent activity on the account for a company with a simmilar name). It took three more calls and getting management involved before the bank admitted it's fraud department had made an error. That's 6 phone calls, probably over an hour of my time, to get my refund and keep it. I could go on and on, but that's not what this thread it for.

It's not just this ENCO thing people are dealing with, poor customer service that sends you into a cirular loop between two departments or hitting a dead end is all to common. And why should we have empathy for a business? Aren't they supposed to be competing for our dollars? I think most people have been given the runaround enough by customer service from everything from the cable company to the auto dealership that you likely won't find any sympathy for your cause unless you go to a forum dedicated to abused customer service reps.

How about some general empathy for the person on the other end of the phone? I mean, do you think these people are intentionally trying to give you the runaround or waste your time?

they become irrationally angry when everything doesn't go as planned.
Oh, I don't get angry: no point in that. I just take my business elsewhere. It doesn't really matter to me what the reason is that they can't sell me what I want to buy.

How about some general empathy for the person on the other end of the phone? I mean, do you think these people are intentionally trying to give you the runaround or waste your time?
Oh, they've got my empathy. It's my business that is going elsewhere.

Has anyone seen a new Enco discount code?
I like the no minimums discount and free shipping. I have a few things in mind to buy before Enco goes toes up

Haven't seen any discounts yet, but the JUNUPS for free shipping is holding up so far till 7/7. If nothing else I'll take it cause the shipping is what kills me.
If anyone gets a code, post it for those of us that's going to ride this horse till it's completely dead:encourage:

Yesterday I received a sale flyer from MSC. I havn't ordered from them in years.....

Back