The Hobby-machinist Die Filer

Ray C

Registered
Registered
I've never used real marking out fluid only red and blue wide tip permanent marker pens.
Unfortunately cutting fluids etc dissolve the inks.
Is the dykem impervious to this?
Yes Charles, I've never had a problem with them.

Billy G"
Dykem is good stuff. I got very lucky and got a 1 quart bottle of the red color on eBay for $20. Jumped on it like a duck on a June bug.

Ray

Downunder Bob

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Had a alook on Ebay yes Dykem is for sale at $20 a bottle but at $132 freight to downunder I'll pass, back to the marking pens. It would appear that no one in Aus sells Dykem products. There is a product called Dymark but they only have the traditional blue.

F

Firestopper

Forum Guest
Register Today
Billy,
I was late to the party, but am up to date on your cool build. Beautiful work sir.

george wilson

Global Moderator
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Aluminum is a very soft metal. The table made from it will soon be loaded with embedded chips of steel,cast iron,or anything harder than aluminum. I know this from personal experience using aluminum over 60 years ago when I only had wood working machinery at home to cut the aluminum. I'd advise at least cover the aluminum with a steel sheet screwed to it. Cast iron would be even better,but it would be a rare find to discover a piece of it that would be suitable. Or pay like it is gold to buy a piece of it from a distributor !

Last edited:
It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock