The Rotary Table I've Been Waiting For

If that dividing head is as solid as their mill vises, then I'm green with envy!
I don't have any of their mill vices, but I do have a couple of their 4 jaw chucks, and one of their demagnetizers. All were purchased used and have done an excellent job over the years. As for being green there's only a trace of it left on the dividing head. It was well maintained and must have been cleaned regularly so there's not much paint left.

I haven't needed one (yet), but I've been telling myself if I could find a 10" at a reasonable price and distance, I'd jump on it.
I have a Troyke U-9 (9", horizonal + vertical) and its very manageable weight-wise compared to a 12" Walter I had (that was wickedly heavy). The Troyke mechanicals seem really nice (its very smooth)

Looked up pricing; a U-9 that had been tidied up on eBay just sold last month for $600+$100 shipping (!!!). If you don't need the vertical capability: I'd be grabbing the 10" one you linked. If its in 100% functional shape: you won't lose money IMO.

I don't have any of their mill vices, but I do have a couple of their 4 jaw chucks, and one of their demagnetizers. All were purchased used and have done an excellent job over the years. As for being green there's only a trace of it left on the dividing head. It was well maintained and must have been cleaned regularly so there's not much paint left.
Good to know. I’ve never heard of that company

Hi Guys,

I am contemplating between a rotary table and the dividing heard I have the pm940m what do you guys recommend to get. I might be doing 90 degree bevel gears on it and aluminum pulleys I cannot do on the pm1030v I have.

Hi Guys,

I am contemplating between a rotary table and the dividing heard I have the pm940m what do you guys recommend to get. I might be doing 90 degree bevel gears on it and aluminum pulleys I cannot do on the pm1030v I have.
They are not interchangeable, get both. For gear work you will want a dividing head.

They are not interchangeable, get both. For gear work you will want a dividing head.
What dividing head do you guys think will fit on the pm940m. I think mine has a total 20” vertical travel. Table is 26x12” i am just gathering tools at the moment.

I've got a Jet 9x49 mill and a BS-1 dividing head & 8" RT. I've only made spur gears on the BS-1 and it worked OK. Slow process! I've watched Keith Rucker make approximations of bevel gears on a much larger machine. Can be done, for slower spinning gears. Before you get too far, figure out if you are going to have enough Z axis Ht. for bevel gear cutting.

I've got a Jet 9x49 mill and a BS-1 dividing head & 8" RT. I've only made spur gears on the BS-1 and it worked OK. Slow process! I've watched Keith Rucker make approximations of bevel gears on a much larger machine. Can be done, for slower spinning gears. Before you get too far, figure out if you are going to have enough Z axis Ht. for bevel gear cutting.
Thanks a lot man for your help. Yes I don’t know how to calculate for those. how can I find out. What bevel gear diameter can you get with the BS-1?

Back