The Rotary Table I've Been Waiting For

will try to get the book too
Be sure to get the full size version. The print in it is plenty small enough w/o going to what I think they call the tool box version.
There is good indexing, luckily since there is something like 2500 pages. Lots of math formulas are readily available also.

Here's one use for a rotary table. I used it to layout the degree lines for my lathe tool sharpening fixture.

Attachments

• IMG_1442.jpg
    IMG_1442.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1443.jpg
    IMG_1443.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1446.jpg
    IMG_1446.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1448.jpg
    IMG_1448.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1450.jpg
    IMG_1450.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 28
I bought one of those too (the BS-1)
After going through it, cleaning, deburring and lubricating it, I should have purchased the larger version.
Live and learn, again.
Mine is the BS-2 Universal.

Hi Guys,

I am contemplating between a rotary table and the dividing heard I have the pm940m what do you guys recommend to get. I might be doing 90 degree bevel gears on it and aluminum pulleys I cannot do on the pm1030v I have.
If your going to cut gears the dividing head is the tool. I too have a 940 and I looked at the PM1030 but when I dropped the money I bought the PM1236 as I felt it was more complimentary to my mill project size.

I've got a Jet 9x49 mill and a BS-1 dividing head & 8" RT. I've only made spur gears on the BS-1 and it worked OK. Slow process! I've watched Keith Rucker make approximations of bevel gears on a much larger machine. Can be done, for slower spinning gears. Before you get too far, figure out if you are going to have enough Z axis Ht. for bevel gear cutting.
Larry, he has 22" clear and 20" of z axis movement.

Now that's a little tidbit I did not know... Thanks!

GsT
My MT tapered stuff doesn't work in the BS10 on my dividing head. I figure, if I need a tool, I'll cut a correct taper.

Back