The Rotary Table I've Been Waiting For

Did you get it to connect to the x feed, or you need the bigger dividing head. The bs1 does not have the feed but I looked and you can theoretically rig a stepper motor at the handle of the bs1
This is what I purchased. It is the universal. It will connect to the x-axis lead screw to cut helix, spiral and worm gears. I plan on moving my x-Axis power feed, which will require a ned power unit, to the right end of the table as it would be mounted on a knee mill. For scale you have the same mill table, 940, that is setting on my mills table.

Dividing Head A.jpg

This is what I purchased. It is the universal. It will connect to the x-axis lead screw to cut helix, spiral and worm gears. I plan on moving my x-Axis power feed, which will require a ned power unit, to the right end of the table as it would be mounted on a knee mill. For scale you have the same mill table, 940, that is setting on my mills table.

View attachment 485097
Super nice. Just I will beat the bs1 before committing 1k :( but it looks super cool on yours.

Could you not just drive the rotary or dividing head off the hand crank shaft with a right angle drive?
Edit: you would still have to figure a method to index for each spline / tooth.

Last edited:
It is the universal.
I considered the universal but figured I'd have my hands full with the semi-universal BS-1. I'll be watching your posts showing the spiral gears you make. I've made a couple of splines but have not gotten set-up to make the internal splines. Another challenge for another time.

I considered the universal but figured I'd have my hands full with the semi-universal BS-1. I'll be watching your posts showing the spiral gears you make. I've made a couple of splines but have not gotten set-up to make the internal splines. Another challenge for another time.
Can you do internal splines with a dividing head on a milling machine? Do you need a shaper also?

Back