The Ultimate Arc of Shame on Craigslist

Some holes are mistakes from use. That is a TRUE arch of shame!! Holy cow!

Says "series of holes"... All I see is a TRENCH!!

Having said that, it is a variable speed head, so a replacement table is probably worth the trouble on that model if the rest of the machine is tight.

Last edited:
A nice piece of flat stock table overlay should do the trick. Table condition should give you price leverage.

A nice piece of flat stock table overlay should do the trick. Table condition should give you price leverage.

I agree---an easy fix for a good large drill press --well worth $250--it will clean up real nice

Can't believe that people abuse equipment like that. A real shame. I might consider it if it were free.

Paul

A table overlay with SEVERAL screws holding it down to the original table. There isn't much keeping that table from breaking off,except for a few half drilled through ribs. Too bad it didn't fall off onto the foot of the guy who did that WITH a heavy vise and a LARGE piece of metal clamped in it. That would give him the LIMP of shame!!:)

I agree---an easy fix for a good large drill press --well worth $250--it will clean up real nice

Variable Speed with Table Lift, I'd forget about the trench for $200 ;)

Here's my take on this thing: If someone is willing to abuse the table like that, do you really think they treated the rest of the machine any better?:thinking:

Back