The Ultimate Arc of Shame on Craigslist

That is really a shame, hate to see machines treated that way. I'd have to agree, entire machine is likely in near the same condition.

And I have a bird when somebody puts a soda can on any machine table. you all know what sweaty cans do!!

edit: not a bird a thermal meltdown been around a long time never seen this before done on purpose!!!

Arc of shame, my eye... those are the tracks of a total nimrod... -Sheesh!

More like an arc of shamelessness in this case. I'd take it for free and use it as a good excuse to become really good at brazing. I wouldn't pay a dime for it though, I don't think.

I just want to point out one thing. Do any of you know for a fact that this is not one of our members who has this for sale? How would you feel to read about your ad what is posted here? Granted, the machine has been abused, but it's just possible that the machine was dug out of the junkyard to save it from the smelter and someone HERE is just trying to make buck on it. Nothing wrong with that at all.

I just want to point out one thing. Do any of you know for a fact that this is not one of our members who has this for sale? How would you feel to read about your ad what is posted here? Granted, the machine has been abused, but it's just possible that the machine was dug out of the junkyard to save it from the smelter and someone HERE is just trying to make buck on it. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Great to have a voice of wisdom and an opposing view. I agree, we can see the damage, it can be repaired or made usable, if the rest is in good condition I would say go for it.

David

If it was my ad and I wasn't the one who did the damage, I'd be right here complaining about the person who actually did the damage along with the rest of these guys.

Great to have a voice of wisdom and an opposing view. I agree, we can see the damage, it can be repaired or made usable, if the rest is in good condition I would say go for it.

David

I aggree Dave, being a sucker for punishment guess we all are, I'm almost seeing a nice steel plate right over the top. end of that.

and true what Tonys said and if so, just be honest about it. And there is always a person who has the knowledge and is capable
but doesnt have deep pockets those are the ones that'll fix that right up. I reserrect the dead too.......

sam

Guys,

I agree that the machine could be repaired and if someone needs it and is inclined to do so then, have at it.

My concern is that whoever blasted a cutting torch across it really needs to examine their overall aptitude -very carefully. As beginners, we all make mistakes -it is totally expected; however, I contend that anyone who knows how to lite-up an acetylene torch should know enough to not be so careless. That was an act of either total disconcern for a piece of equipment or, it was an act of total unawareness of what happens with a cutting torch.

If it was due to total unawareness, that person really needs to think about never lighting a torch ever again. If a sane, adult person, living in the modern age knowingly picks up a loaded firearm and the first thing they do is look straight down the barrel -then that's a good sign that person should never handle a firearm as it's a sign they do not possess even the minimal inherent safety reflexes to exist in that field. Some people are indeed accident prone -and they regularly get dismissed from their jobs in the industrial trades.

Ray

Back
Top Bottom