The Ultimate Arc of Shame on Craigslist

Guys,

My concern is that whoever blasted a cutting torch across it

Ray

What cutting torch? I know I am new here, and I don't know squat about machining but isn't that arc caused by numerous holes being drilled through it. I am not sure that is what you are talking about though.

The way I see it if this were caused by little accidental bumps as you drilled through a piece it represents a couple million holes drilled. If it was caused by simple stupidity of misuse or abuse, likely the whole machine is much the same and worthless. I would see it costing more to get it shipped to you if your not close than it is worth. Keep looking, in this extremely depressed economy I am sure you can find a better deal.

Last edited:
What cutting torch? I know I am new here, and I don't know squat about machining but isn't that arc caused by numerous holes being drilled through it. I am not sure that is what you are talking about though.

The way I see it if this were caused by little accidental bumps as you drilled through a piece it represents a couple million holes drilled. If it was caused by simple stupidity of misuse or abuse, likely the whole machine is much the same and worthless. I would see it costing more to get it shipped to you if your not close than it is worth. Keep looking, in this extremely depressed economy I am sure you can find a better deal.

I didn't think it was a torch either but the fact that it's being sold by a welding shop puts a different light on things.

Maybe they spot-welded small pieces to the table for drilling then beat them off with a hammer? Looking at the carnage I wouldn't put it past them.

-Ron

Ok guys I've been working fab shops for thirty years. A couple of things come to mind when I see this.It was not cut with a torch. Zoom in on that table. That cast looks to be broken around those Drilled holes. Look at that course grain showing. Definitely worked with S.O.B's that would drill up a table like that if lift to there own. Just can't figure why someone would take the time to chip all them holes like that.?? I say second string machine that the boss man just didn't care about any more. My two cents. What say you?

Master of unfinished projects

You put 2 drill spots in a machine I'm in charge of and you're fired.

For Pete's sake!! That is DRILLING damage,NOT from a torch.

If I really wanted that drill press ... and everything else was ok
I'd make another table and be done with it.
The reason the table has gotten that way through drilling is that no one "belted the first person who started damaging the table.
Am I an advocate of violence "no but of discipline "yes
:nono:

I have never seen a machine treated so badly before! !

sent from my hand held hickymajig

Back