Time is running out (California folk)

I currently have several rooms in my house to be run off solar. One of those rooms has the chest freezer in it. The inverter I have also accepts power from the grid, so I'm not "reliant" on solar. But, I'm also LESS reliant on the grid. My "generator" (to use the term loosely), also offsets grid usage, and has just about paid for itself over the last couple years. I also don't have to worry about maintaining fuel and oil changes.

The problems I've seen with solar has been the push by governments and big corps to keep control of everything. Instead of letting people install small systems to offset/decrease grid usage, the big push has been to cover your roof and feed back into the grid. . . for $50k. My system cost about $2k.
Can you heat your home when the temperatures are below freezing? These are just some of the issues I/we face when power goes out and my home has natural gas hot water heat. Imagine if we had all electric heat. Again, the push towards all electric without the infrastructure to support it is beyond absurd. I guess people like Bill Gates don't need to worry about any of the challenges us peons do...

In my mind, it is not a discount. It is a fine if you do not return the old one. Just like the pop bottle deposits in certain states.

The battery core charge is an add on tax, but I am not sure if the government gets the money or not.

But I know the State of Mi does collect the bottle deposit, and they have extra money that never gets refunded every year because not everyone will return the bottles for $.10 each. They think it is not worth their time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We have the same scam here in Unicorinia
We pay $.05 for cans as a refund, but if you bring in a pound of cans, you only get $.75
Where you should get at least $ 1.20
Scams galore here

Ok I'm back.

Yes to which questions exactly?

What is booooo?

This is where a conversation descends into idiocy. You're right, because you displayed a chart. And everyone else is wrong. So you say booooo.

Can you heat your home when the temperatures are below freezing? These are just some of the issues I/we face when power goes out and my home has natural gas hot water heat. Imagine if we had all electric heat. Again, the push towards all electric without the infrastructure to support it is beyond absurd. I guess people like Bill Gates don't need to worry about any of the challenges us peons do...
No. She won't let me. She tells me to put some clothes on.

The panels do heat my office, which is on the panel's circuit, through an area heater. Nonetheless, you're point is well taken. My point is that there is new technology that has a place. But, it is up to consumers to find that place. Not politicians, most of whom were never able to pass a STEM class to save their lives, and are working under the hype that sea levels will rise 20ft by 2012.

I'm going to apologize for some of the wordimg used above. It's just that there is a lot to be said on a topic like this. You can't shut it down prematurely. Agendas and "beliefs" contribute to teh discussion oftentimes. You never know when you'll learn something new that hasn't already been said. That is all.

No. She won't let me. She tells me to put some clothes on.

The panels do heat my office, which is on the panel's circuit, through an area heater. Nonetheless, you're point is well taken. My point is that there is new technology that has a place. But, it is up to consumers to find that place. Not politicians, most of whom were never able to pass a STEM class to save their lives, and are working under the hype that sea levels will rise 20ft by 2012.
That's the thing. They were saying, maybe still are saying we're at or have passed the point of no return. But I go down to the beaches here and aee no difference in the shoreline. It's basically where it's been all my life.

Remember when they were saying Obama by his might would lower the seas? Remembering people fainting wherever he showed up on the campaign trail? I think Obama is STILL working for us behinds the scenes. All is well.

You are missing the entire point. One summer, or one week or even one year means nothing. 100 years of drastic change does mean something. Keep on believing that we humans have not done anything and our planet will be fine. I don't care.

The Earth is currently in an icehouse state marked by geologically closely spaced fluctuations of climate, largely paced by astronomical variations and amplified by changes in greenhouse gas levels. The present interglacial state of the Holocene is very likely to soon attain levels of climatic warmth not seen for several million years, because of human modification of climate drivers, notably greenhouse gases.
View attachment 471196
According to the ICE core data its been as high as 1200 to 1400PPM. You do realize that by volume you are worried about a gas which makes up 400/10000th of 1% of our atmosphere? You do realize that we exacerbate the problem when we clear 1000 acres of trees and plant life to build a solar farm for green energy? a 35% increase in a negligible number is still negligible, one volcanic eruption will add more CO2 than all our human activity combined.

To broaden the perspective by starting today at 420 ppm of carbon dioxide and keep increasing the concentration by 120.83 parts per million per century, it would take 88.5 centuries for the concentration to reach a concentration of one percent. At the end of the day, if you really want energy with little environmental impact lets talk nuclear using Thorium....

Oh, yeah, by the way zero carbon is a slogan and a dumb one at that when you realize that all life on earth is carbon based and has been for millions of years....

Cheers...

Imagine also that when you are heating electric (excluding Nuclear generation) is the dirtiest and least efficient way to heat anything. When you generate electricity with hydrocarbons then use transmission lines hundreds of miles long to get it to the end user your losses cause more atmospheric particulates and CO2 that any gains and that doesn't factor in the loses to convert fuel to electrical power.

Incidentally that Indian (if what you're referencing was that old commercial) wasn't even an Indian. He was Italian. Espera de Corti LOL LOL LOL

Clean up your crap, you and me. Sure. But what about an ice age or hot age that isn't on account of us, as we're to believe. Watcha gonna do then?
I guess I should have used quotes around indian chief, just another example of things being misrepresented.
I think we should focus on things we can change. The earth's climate is, in my opinion, not something we have the power to change. But then again if HARP and other "programs" can actually work then maybe... just kidding:)
We're a long way from the Star Trek era of free energy. I mean for the last 50 or so years, we've been 10 years away from practical fusion reactors.

I remember an article about one of the ivy league schools developing an algae that lived off of some of the nasties given off from burning coal. The problem was the growth of the algae. So, why not work on that?

Solar cells are getting more efficient, so that is something positive.

What is also pretty amazing is how far diesel engines have come. Remember all of the thick black exhaust from semi's in the 60's and 70's? The only time is see it now is when some a-hole detunes his F-350 diesel in order to blow a bunch of black smoke onto traffic behind him.

Howdy neighbor ! Just to add , we drove the full length of the Canada Transcontinental Highway this past summer . I did not see one piece of trash along the highway , pretty darn impressive . Learned they recycle very heavily also . People going thru trash cans twice a day scavenging . :encourage: One aluminum can is worth 10 cents . Not much , but getting exercise and a few bucks a day ain't bad , and I did help out one woman with her can search . She was pretty darn happy to take it all . New York also . Upstate , aluminum is $$$$$ to these people who live in the mountains . You don't see any trash along the roads , a lot of dead deer , but no trash .
Glad to hear it. Unfortunately, in my neck of the woods, trash is everywhere.:(

Back