Time is running out (California folk)

The best idea I have seen in regards to more realistic vehicles, a hybrid that uses a small IC engine (hydrogen powered????) turning a generator/alternator , with a small battery to store spare energy, and an electric drive motor , SCR controls.
The technology already exists and the vehicle range is limited by the fuel capacity-but in excess of 500 miles
The carbon footprint is exponentially smaller than the 100% electric vehicles
That have to operate 10 years to make them worth digging up the planet to get the rare earth elements.
We have a choice, utilize smaller amounts of resources instead of 1200 lb batteries being charged by fossil fuels anyway

I don’t understand the hydrogen power. We split hydrogen out of water (takes electricity) burn the hydrogen, and get water back. If the hydrogen gets burned, how does water come back? I can survive without fossil fuels or electricity, but use up the water and we are all gone. And the Hindenburg proved the safety of the system.

I don’t understand the hydrogen power. We split hydrogen out of water (takes electricity) burn the hydrogen, and get water back. If the hydrogen gets burned, how does water come back? I can survive without fossil fuels or electricity, but use up the water and we are all gone. And the Hindenburg proved the safety of the system.
I can't tell if this is humor or not. Hydrogen plus oxygen combine by burning to produce water (2H2 +O2 =2H2O). There is so much water on the planet that even if we were to lose it in the process, we could never exhaust it. There are more than 100 million tons of water for every person on the planet.

The use of hydrogen to float a dirigible is entirely different than using it as a fuel to heat our homes or power an ICE. Hydrogen can be stored safely as a hydride much as acetylene can be stored by dissolving in acetone.

Well I for one thought this thread was a goner about 6 pages ago.

The future of energy use is going to be more diverse than it’s ever been.

I’m happy for the options.

I think we don’t have any little trucks because there aren’t enough of us that want one. Manufacturers make what they think will sell. They ain’t just guessing. I read the little rangers sold out super fast for two years in a row. Maybe that’ll help us get some other small ones.

I’ve found plenty to disagree with among all the zingers in this thread. Plenty I agree with too. I’ll leave something smart behind I think.

A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still.

Can’t remember who said it, but I reckon that’s about where we’re at here. lol

I think I remember that quote in book “how to win friends and influence people” by Dale CarnegieIMG_0468.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it seems telling when people resent when losing an argument. No one likes being wrong, we've all been there ... and I don't mean no vacation LOL LOL. See how I worked that into this thread! But if your knowledge or arguments come up short, what I do is keep plugging. Learn more, work to understand where the other side is coming from, etc. Maybe eventually have to admit you were just wrongo.

It's as I said earlier a lot of this stuff is about asserting moral authority over someone else. And if you engage, well you're treading on holy ground.

Back