Time is running out (California folk)

it's not corrupt, it was intended to be a good rule.. but the manufacturers got around it by using it to their advantage.
Based on the video being accurate and true. If you mean the automakers built larger vehicles that could come close to meeting the rules then, I can agree. If the goals required to build smaller trucks were realistic and attainable, we would be able to import some of the awesome small trucks that are common in other countries. Let's not pretend it's about emissions, they are modern fuel injected vehicles that are more efficient than their predecessors.

It doesn't matter if I had good intentions or not, if it doesn't work I will try and find something that does!

I would love it if somebody put a small electric truck on the market. 30-50 mile range. They could even leave out the AC. Just big enough of a bed to carry a sheet of plywood. Rails for the side of the bed would be just fine. It would be my goto vehicle for the errands I run. But, I work from home. My car can sit for days on end without me getting in it.

I could totally see one of those Japanese Kei trucks coming home with me for Home Depot and dump runs. It has a bigger bed (6 foot) than most of the 1/2 ton and lighter pickup trucks today. Many of them have bedsides that fold down or are removable, and some include a dump bed. Cheap to run (50-60mpg) and it looks like the older ones can be had for as little as $1500-2000.

1703030046905.png

I could totally see one of those Japanese Kei trucks coming home with me for Home Depot and dump runs. It has a bigger bed (6 foot) than most of the 1/2 ton and lighter pickup trucks today. Many of them have bedsides that fold down or are removable, and some include a dump bed. Cheap to run (50-60mpg) and it looks like the older ones can be had for as little as $1500-2000.

View attachment 471241

That small truck would do the job needed by a lot of people. Unfortunately, for it to pass the “emissions “ of the USA, it probably would be lucky to get 25 MPG. I always find it amusing how high MPG some vehicles use to get in the 70’s and 80’s and then think about how much technology has evolved in the last 40 years, and wonder why does it seem we have gone backwards. Just because the actual exhaust might be a bit cleaner, if we only get 10 MPG vs a vehicle that could get 20 MPG, how is that better when we still have to drive X miles daily?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I for one thought this thread was a goner about 6 pages ago.

The future of energy use is going to be more diverse than it’s ever been.

I’m happy for the options.

I think we don’t have any little trucks because there aren’t enough of us that want one. Manufacturers make what they think will sell. They ain’t just guessing. I read the little rangers sold out super fast for two years in a row. Maybe that’ll help us get some other small ones.

I’ve found plenty to disagree with among all the zingers in this thread. Plenty I agree with too. I’ll leave something smart behind I think.

A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still.

Can’t remember who said it, but I reckon that’s about where we’re at here. lol

Back when Rancho Seca near Sacramento was operating, we were in grade school.

Remember a big rig sized show trailer dressed out inside showing how it worked and how the LITTLE amount of fuel was needed.

The best part... they were claiming nuclear power would be so cheap to produce that it would cost more to read the meters than they could collect from the energy used.

This still can be true, yes, the waste from a reactor is bad stuff, but given that it is radioactive, the thing that is ended for a reactor to work, it simply can be used in a different one to get some use.

In California, there is this FAKE drive for renewable resources.

Why do I say fake, you ask?

Hydro power is NOT considered as renewable!

Rain falls from the sky, fills up a lake, travels through a generator to generate power, grows some food, evaporates to become rain again.

You think power policy in CA is something, look at water policy...

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

There are already groups that are moving to block the mining of that lithium because of the environmental impacts...

They would rather import lithium from third world countries that do nothing to lessen the environmental impact of mining than to mine here where we do.

-Bear

Well I for one thought this thread was a goner about 6 pages ago.

The future of energy use is going to be more diverse than it’s ever been.

I’m happy for the options.

I think we don’t have any little trucks because there aren’t enough of us that want one. Manufacturers make what they think will sell. They ain’t just guessing. I read the little rangers sold out super fast for two years in a row. Maybe that’ll help us get some other small ones.

I’ve found plenty to disagree with among all the zingers in this thread. Plenty I agree with too. I’ll leave something smart behind I think.

A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still.

Can’t remember who said it, but I reckon that’s about where we’re at here. lol

I enjoy a good discussion... and I enjoy reading about opinions from all sides...

That being said, it's really pointless... when it comes to anything related to politics, religion, or labor unions, people are going to believe what they want regardless of the amount of evidence proving them wrong.

"Oh... I guess you are right and I'm wrong..." said nobody on the internet... EVER...

-Bear

View attachment 471241
A friend who does lawn maintenance, was looking long and hard for the version with the drop down sides. Never found one, and the others were silly priced at the time. Wife and I saw one like in the photo last weekend on our drive to see dad.
Pierre

I enjoy a good discussion... and I enjoy reading about opinions from all sides...

That being said, it's really pointless... when it comes to anything related to politics, religion, or labor unions, people are going to believe what they want regardless of the amount of evidence proving them wrong.
I'm 100% with you . :encourage: There's nothing more entertaining than this place though . Way back when I bought 100,000 shares of this @.13 cents a share . I sold when it doubled . It went up to $80 a share at one point and now retraced back to $3 . I no longer am interested in the stock , but I read the conversation board every morning for laughs . You wanna see a battle ? :big grin: This was back when clean energy was first introduced .

Back