Time is running out (California folk)

14" bar ? :rolleyes: That's $100 per inch ! Less maintenance they say ? :dunno: Once you learn NOT to use ethynol gas in chainsaws what maintenance is there ? Why don't the gub make some new laws up that takes this crap out of gas and let the motors do what they're supposed to do without eating the internals up and causing them to run like crap ? Remember MTBE ? Another FU from our leaders . Ended up in all our wells and cost trillians of dollars to clean it up . I would hope these law makers would be able to come up with better ways to reduce their smog issues . :grin:

Rant over ................................back to our regular broadcasting . :)
that's the vendor with the higher prices. oops sorry, this was tool only.

it's easy to blame other countries. We were the biggest polluter for almost 100 years. We have done little to curb our emissions.
Lets avoid slinging at others, to avoid our own issues. We need to stop it. We can't point at others if we are hypocritical.
Most of our leading is just lip service.

Like anything else, there will be many failures before realistic solutions. I don't think batteries are the only solution, and while current battery tech is better than yester year, there's a long way to go before it resolves everything, including how to recharge it given the lack of power over the grid and it's problems.
Did you know that the volcano that went off in Iceland a couple years ago put out more CO2 in less than a week, put out more greenhouse gases than man has since his existence.
Ban volcanos!

Bought one of these in the spring, and used it to clear trails through the scrub oak on the upper part of my property. Was amazed at how well it worked, and how the batteries hold up under heavy use. Auto oiler is a nice feature also. Mike

Did you know that the volcano that went off in Iceland a couple years ago put out more CO2 in less than a week, put out more greenhouse gases than man has since his existence.
Ban volcanos!
yes, but we can't fix naturally occuring issues. We can control our own ..
You can't put your head in the ground and say we are not responsible. We add quite a bit. Including waste. We are a throw away society.. with that comes a lot of our foot print.. people throw away and change stuff regularly.

???

I apologize... I have a tendency to look for straight lines in a conversation, even when there aren't any.

My bad... carry on...

-Bear
I have battery power lawn equipment. So I am doing my part.

My fireplace can run on batteries.
We switched to a induction stove top.

But if no power I need a generator for health reason.
My generator is on propane not gasoline.

Dave

Bought one of these in the spring, and used it to clear trails through the scrub oak on the upper part of my property. Was amazed at how well it worked, and how the batteries hold up under heavy use. Auto oiler is a nice feature also. Mike

I use an older model Toro model 51918 trimmer similar to this. It's a bit larger at 28.5cc's. I tried a smaller model similar to the one in your picture, but was leaking far to much blood due to the thorns. With this model I can stand back from the thorns and let the machine take the abuse.

Last edited:
yes, but we can't fix naturally occuring issues. We can control our own ..
You can't put your head in the ground and say we are not responsible. We add quite a bit. Including waste. We are a throw away society.. with that comes a lot of our foot print.. people throw away and change stuff regularly.
If you purchase batteries mined for China, India or any 3rd world entity, you are killing the same planet. If doesn’t matter what 37,000,00 California people Do, when over 3 Billion won’t comply

If you purchase batteries mined for China, India or any 3rd world entity, you are killing the same planet. If doesn’t matter what 37,000,00 California people Do, when over 3 Billion won’t comply
so do nothing.
Unfortunately, your attitude makes up the majority.
I chose to do what I can, because I produce more waste (CO2, plastic, chemical, toxic) than I should. In order to survive it's just what I must do. It doesn't mean I can't be frugal about what I do.

I try to fix more than just buy the latest thing.
I re-use as much as possible before discarding.
I wish others would, but I can only control what I can control.
I don't try to keep up with the Jones' there's no point, and it's very wasteful.
I wear my pants and clothes until they are unable to do the job. Better clothes become work clothes until they can't do the job.

You do what you feel. But please, don't tell me it's not worth it. You keep in your lane, and I'll keep in mine.

Back