Tool needs ? Is there anyone on here that needs tools ? Mics , verniers etc

I moved my shop 2 houses up the road in 93 . Took 6 months , and I've never recovered from the move yet ! I worked a few different places and had boxes at all of them but I recently started at a place I managed 31 years ago . Very close to home , no long commute on the Interstates , figure I may get some OT so I won't have to work these odd jobs . Now , I have both houses loaded up with tools of ALL kinds . I bought out a woodshop last year thinking I would move over to that , but those tools take up more room than my machine shop !! Anyone need wood working tools ??? :eek:

Lol ok well let me know id be interested in an edge finder for home and a plunge indicator for home as well mine are at work.

I have plunge indicators by the dozen . My old stuff is ( Alinas , Mahrs , etc ) are going to be hard to part with but it's probably the time to depart with some of them . I have all types of Starretts and Federals etc I'm not really attached to as well as some of the cheap junk . They work but they are what they are .

LOL ! I know exactly where my edgefinders are ! They are all in my big machinist chest . Now , alls I have to do is find that chest ! ;)

Looking for a DTI, do you still have any available?

With the plunge indicator ill take something from the medium price range i dont have a great anount of money on me but id rather buy something a little better then cheaper stuff and ill just have to take it from my wallet for stock and machines lol

Im only 25 i cant imagine what tool shopping will be like when im older haha

...trimmed...
I bought out a woodshop last year thinking I would move over to that , but those tools take up more room than my machine shop !! Anyone need wood working tools ??? :eek:
Woodworking tools also? Ah man, have you no mercy? That video is going to end up being separate 'chapters' isn't it? :grin:
Tools, tools, tools, perhaps I should have stuck with stamp collecting as my Son wished whenever we had to move...

I was almost out of the game about 3 years or so until I got a call from my friend that I took to the company I work for now 31 years ago . I was hired as machine shop supervisor back then . They had some kick butt CNC machining centers and lathes and they were afraid to hit the Cycle Start button ! LOL . They were running HSS tooling in them . o_O I had to get them up to speed on Carbide insert tooling , feeds and speeds , do there programming , time and attendance , all the other BS paperwork and sit behind a desk . I don't like desks so I left after a year but helped them out part time for another 6 months . My buddie is still there and is the plant manager . He asked me awhile back if I wanted to buy any of their equipment and my response was a quick , H*** NO . So of course I ended up with a Bridgeport , an Enco and the Lagun FTV2 mill . the 17 X 80 lathe and that Johnson band saw I sold to Deker on here . I really wanted to keep that Lagun but in my garage , the surface rust would have ate the machine alive . They were all in absolutely great condition . But anyway , I have my eye on a 14" lathe right now , I'll get another mill , and I'll leave it at that . I'll get rid of my many precision tooling pieces that I'll never use and stick to the basic G job machining . It's going to take quite awhile though .

The pics of the saw , athe and mills should be on HM somewhere I believe .

Back