Tool needs ? Is there anyone on here that needs tools ? Mics , verniers etc

middle.road . I see you are down in Tenn . Have you ever run across the Sun Products plant down there ? I believed they were in Dyersburg . They set another plant up in Bowling Green Kentucky also .

Last edited:
You only need 3 copies of each measuring instrument. You know for a back up of the back up?;)

I have 8 spares for the tools I never use . ;) I bought them when I made money In the shop to keep taxes minimal . :encourage:

middle.road . I see you are down in Tenn . Have you ever run across the Sun Products plant down there ? I believed they were in Dyersburg . They set another plant up in Bowling Green Kentucky also .
No I haven't. 'Sun' as in the Diagnostic Equipment for vehicles? and not the Computer maker of yesteryear.
Dyersburg is over by Memphis, dat dare be in West Tennessee. I don't get over that way much. Been to Memphis quite a few times but haven't been out and about in the out lying areas. Tennessee should be divided into two states as different as the two ends are.
Kinda like Northern California, and Southern California.
If it is Sun Sun how about this for a trip back in time?

P1070192r.jpg

Nope . Sun Products bought out the Unilever USA brands of liquid detergents about 8 years ago . Unilever kept their bar soaps such as Dove , Carress , Lever 200 etc and moved them back to Indiana . Liquids that were sold were Wisk , All , Snuggle , Sunlight etc . They packed up and left Baltimore and moved and started up their plants in Dyersburg and Bowling Green . I had 15 years in with those 2 combined . The BEST company I ever worked for although I worked 7 nights a week . But , ya made the bucks ! They just wanted out of Md. cause of the taxes and closed up their butter plant in Balt. and their ice cream plant in Hagerstown the same year . Of course , they were also union plants . :( Best job I ever worked for sure !

Last edited:
Ah, SUN detergents... Well the diag equipment mfg was a close guess...
and yes, move it to TN, right to hire, right to fire state. Newall-Rubbermaid is here in Maryville and so is Denso.
Seven days/nights a week can sometimes take a toll on your health.

mmcmdl - sent you a PM message with a few other items I'd like to find, let me know if you'd rather keep it all in the thread.

A few things I may be interested in if available and in the budget. Paypal ready, if that's the preference.

1-2" mic
2-3" mic
6 or 12" height gauge
cylinder square
6" dial caliper (can't have too many of those)

Not looking for super high end but prefer name brands over random Chinese stuff, if that makes sense. Thanks in advance.

Back