Vevor 7x14 Mini lathe compatibility

steelcat

Registered
Registered
Hello
First of all I apologize if this is posted in the wrong place.
I have been overhauling a never used machine that was given to me.
Does anyone know what other lathe this is compatible with as far as parts and accessories go?
Thanks!

What parts are you looking for? Pictures will help.

Little Machine Shop is probably the best source for parts though. Grizzly may have some things too.

Free is a great price for a Vevor lathe ;)

John

John
I am not looking for anything particular just curious and it may come in handy down the road.
Lms won't guarantee fitment of any parts they sell to fit a Vevor lathe. I contacted them about a steady rest and brass gibs for it and they gave me the impression that they really didn't know anything about Vevor lathes as far as parts compatibility.
It's a good thing it was free! I sure would have been upset if I had payed for this mess. The only thing it has cost me to date is about four weeks labor and a bunch more gray hair.

John
I am not looking for anything particular just curious and it may come in handy down the road.
Lms won't guarantee fitment of any parts they sell to fit a Vevor lathe. I contacted them about a steady rest and brass gibs for it and they gave me the impression that they really didn't know anything about Vevor lathes as far as parts compatibility.
It's a good thing it was free! I sure would have been upset if I had payed for this mess. The only thing it has cost me to date is about four weeks labor and a bunch more gray hair.
Yes, I’ve bought things from Grizzly that I thought might fit my lathe (12x36 Taiwan built) some worked, others did not.

Not sure how useful either the steady or gibs would be, I’d suggest holding off on stuff like that unless you have a pressing need.

There’s a good chance that as you get into the hobby you’ll want a bigger lathe anyway.

John

What did you have to fix on your Vevor machine? I have heard they can have some issues both electrical and mechanical

John
I have been Lucky with their products so far
Vevor has been pretty good as far as quality on items I bought hopefully any parts needed for the lathe can be matched up with another supplier.

Last edited:
LMS probably has most if not everything you would need. They list compatibility for all their parts on their site.

What did you have to fix on your Vevor machine? I have heard they can have some issues both electrical and mechanical
Mark
This thing was a real mess out of the box.
It chattered terrible due to the slides being out of
adjust. The lathe cut a unwanted taper of 30 thousands in 3" length with and without the tailstock.
The fuse holder had a melt down. It never blew the fuse just melted the holder.
To make a long story short after reworking/fixing everything on this machine. I was able to get the taper down to 20 thousands with it free standing. Bolted it down to my acorn table got the taper to 14 thousands.
I tore it all down to a bear cast iron bed and through a long drawn out procedure ( and a lot of luck) was able to straighten the bed. It had a bad twist in it.
All said and done it now cuts 1/2 a thousand in 6"
Good enough for my needs.

LMS told me they don't have much for a Vevor
Interesting, looking at the Vevor site many of the components on the Vevor look exactly like my LMS 7X14. Vevor must have just changed theirs slightly so the parts won't interchange with other Chinese mini lathes.

Back