Vevor 7x14 Mini lathe compatibility

I think the thing is that vevors managed to find someone to make a cheap lathe even cheaper. I don’t think LMS is snobby, I feel like they are implying that they don’t know what corners vevor cut to make this lathe. They might have similar but different parts vs the standard mini lathe being all the same but painted a different color.

I don't think that they were being snobby.
They were very straightforward and honest.
I like that!

I just looked on Amazon and they sell parts for Chinese mini lathes. If you order and they don't fit you can always just send them back.

The free ones have less wrong with them. The ones you buy are the real messes
Ha Ha

I just looked on Amazon and they sell parts for Chinese mini lathes. If you order and they don't fit you can always just send them back.
Yep! I sent back two steady rests that didn't fit.
I think that the biggest difference is that the Vevor lathe the headstock and tailstock set on the ways on a angle. They are not level with the bed.
I don't know if all chinesse lathes are that way but Vevors seem to be.

Last edited:
What more can I say. still no Spindle or magnetic ring.
Chat started on 29 Jan 2024, 08:19 PM (GMT+0)​
(08:19:40)*** David Roenigk joined the chat ***
(08:19:40)David Roenigk
I need a Spindel for the replacement spindlel for my MX-5716G lathe? Dave
(08:19:42)*** Elena joined the chat ***
(08:19:45)VEVOR
Welcome to VEVOR, our agent is attending to you, please wait a moment!
(08:19:51)Elena
Hello thank you very much for contacting us!
(08:20:01)David Roenigk
yes
(08:20:24)David Roenigk
I need replacement spindlel for my MX-5716G lathe? Dave
(08:20:34)Elena
I'm sorry that we don't sell parts or accessories separately but we provide a one-year warranty for products sold on the official VEVOR website
(08:21:12)David Roenigk
So what do I do throw it away?
(08:22:03)David Roenigk
A friend got one a year or so with out much problem.
(08:22:08)Elena
but you can find it on Amazon or eBay
(08:22:37)David Roenigk
nope that is the first place I looked.
(08:23:53)David Roenigk
Put one on there I'll buy it!
(08:24:29)David Roenigk
Hello?
(08:25:14)Elena
you also can look on Walmart or AliExpress
(08:25:33)David Roenigk
Walmart?
(08:25:57)Elena
yes
(08:26:43)David Roenigk
So no one can buy parts directly from Levor. Right?
(08:27:18)Elena
no, sorry
(08:28:59)David Roenigk
Well that is good to know, I'll make sure that everyone on social media knows that, I will also put this chat on there too.
(08:30:47)Elena
Sorry for the inconvenience caused ️
(08:31:35)David Roenigk
No, thank you
(08:33:33)Elena
don't worry, it's my pleasure to help.
(08:33:38)Elena
Is there anything else I can do for you?
(08:36:45)Elena
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
(08:36:45)Elena
I'm glad I could assist you! If you have any other questions, feel free to write back to us ️
(08:36:49)Elena
Enjoy the rest of your day
(08:36:51)*** Elena left the chat ***
(08:36:51)*** David Roenigk left the chat ***

Beware of China Mini Lathes.
There are lots of people using Chinese Mini-lathes to do perfectly good work on the smaller scale.

The key is that one has to pay attention to where one buys one. Importers like LMS and Grizzly in the US and Warco and ArcEuroTrade in the UK do tend to drive higher QC standards in the equipment they import.

The other key thing is to understand that even with these better QC'd products, the end customer is still kinda effectively getting a kit that has been preassembled for shipping convenience.

That end customer is still going to have to tear down the lathe that turns up on their doorstep and do a fair bit of fit and finish themselves. The fact that ArcEuroTrade offers PDF pictorial guides on their site that detail pretty much every step in getting their Seig mini-lathes up to an acceptable standard, should tell us something. ;)

There are a couple of benefits to this for a beginner though. Firstly, assuming the customer is willing to and capable of doing the work, they'll learn a lot about lathes. Secondly, having effectively rebuilt their lathe from scratch, there's a non-zero chance they'll have a better ability to discriminate between what's the result of their failings and what's the lathe's fault.

Obviously the latter only applies if the potential beginner buyer wants a project before they start using their lathe to make chips. If they don't, they probably should go to Precision Matthews in the US, or in the UK, go to Warco and buy one of their larger lathes.

I actually have been mulling all this over in my head recently and I think I might post something on this as I think the machining community has missed a trick or two when giving purchase advice to beginners.

You see, I have a mini-lathe from what you might call a second tier importer (not Vevor bad, who seem to assemble their lathes from the scrap bins of the major mini-lathe producers, but possibly not quite up to decent importer standards) and yes, I do wish I'd got myself an ML7, but the reasons I didn't, were down to omissions in the advice available (especially for people like me in the UK).

And yeah, I wish I'd know about this forum when I did my purchasing.

Last edited:
LMS told me they don't have much for a Vevor

LMS is mostly a supplier for SIEG lathe parts. And many accessories of course.

Vevor may be manufactured by the chinese company previously known as Real Bull.

Do check Grizzly for parts - Their 7x14 may be a Real Bull.

Thanks for the info.
After comparing the parts diagram for both lathes overall they look very similar. Sure looks like they came from the same factory.

Back