Vevor 7x14 Mini lathe compatibility

Thanks for the info.
After comparing the parts diagram for both lathes overall they look very similar. Sure looks like they came from the same factory.
Your going to have to take measurements and call LMS they should be able to help to some degree, its a crap shoot getting parts for most anything these days.
Especially low budget.

Remember lots of these budget lathes/roolsare put together with what ever parts are on hand at the time of assembly.

For S&Gs I tried to find your model on Vevor……
Like so many things I feel like you need to buy 2 of everything for any chance of parts or buying again.
Progressively getting worse and worse for last 10 years.

I have spoken to LMS and they will not guarantee fitment of any parts they sell to fit a Vevor. They said some parts may fit but they just don't know.

I have spoken to LMS and they will not guarantee fitment of any parts they sell to fit a Vevor. They said some parts may fit but they just don't know.
I wonder if they have parts on site? Or do they order out also?
There has to be something that would fit….
Its to bad. You could probably order 2 of the same Vevor lathes on the same day and have parts interchange issues.

I think I will get with grizzly and see if they think their lead screw for a 7x14 will fit my Vevor. I snaped the threaded end off the tail stock end. (My fault)
It's no big deal if I have to I can fix it.

I wonder if they have parts on site? Or do they order out also?
There has to be something that would fit….
Its to bad. You could probably order 2 of the same Vevor lathes on the same day and have parts interchange issues.

Yes, LMS has parts on site. I have bought many parts and accessories from LMS.

Sample-to-sample variation is an issue. Not interchange per se, but quality issues are.

I cannot stress enough that buying a chines min-lathe is a gamble - and the house has the odds. There will be issues. It is a matter of what issues any one lathe from any vendor may have. And what accuracy requirements any particular owner needs or requires.

Enough for now, but this is well known to most owners of mini-lathes.

I think I will get with grizzly and see if they think their lead screw for a 7x14 will fit my Vevor. I snaped the threaded end off the tail stock end. (My fault)
It's no big deal if I have to I can fix it.
My Vevor 7x14 was made by RealBull. LMS sells parts for the Sieg-made 7x lathes, the same 7x lathes sold by Grizzly, Harbor Freight, BusyBee, etc.
The Sieg lathes don't have a threaded end on the leadscrew tailstock end, the RealBull (Vevor) ones do. I owned both a Vevor RealBull and a MicroMark (Sieg) 7x14 at the same time, and did mods on both of them, so I got 'intimate' with the differences between them. :) I still have the Sieg.
EDIT: I just learned today that Grizzly sell both RealBull and Sieg lathes. So my statement above wasn't correct. The Grizzly G0765 is a RealBull so parts for that might have a better chance of fitting a Vevor.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.
After comparing the parts diagram for both lathes overall they look very similar. Sure looks like they came from the same factory.
Assuming the Vevor parts diagram is an accurate representation of their lathe (a big assumption...)..... Check the shape of the carriage (saddle)- 'H' or rectangular , the tailstock end of the leadscrew, the attachment of the handles on the compound and cross slide. Those are a few of the features I use to ID Sieg vs RealBull machines.

Yes, LMS has parts on site. I have bought many parts and accessories from LMS.

Sample-to-sample variation is an issue. Not interchange per se, but quality issues are.

I cannot stress enough that buying a chines min-lathe is a gamble - and the house has the odds. There will be issues. It is a matter of what issues any one lathe from any vendor may have. And what accuracy requirements any particular owner needs or requires.

Enough for now, but this is well known to most owners of mini-lathes.
Quality aside LMS could help match up parts per measurements.

I have seen variations in my Vevor lathes.
I have two 7x14s and they are the same model but have distinct differences. Mostly in the cast iron bed casting. Comparing the two I have. The webs in between the bed ways are different. One has noticeably thicker and shorter webs than the other. I noticed this when I made carrage locks for both. Assuming both were the same I pulled all my measurements from one machine and then made two. Making a long story short. One fit perfectly the other one not so much. The lock down bolt on one would not clear the cross webs had to shorten it 1/4" and the distance between the rails are 1/8" different so I had to remake it. They obviously were made from different molds.
Assuming the Vevor parts diagram is an accurate representation of their lathe (a big assumption...)..... Check the shape of the carriage (saddle)- 'H' or rectangular , the tailstock end of the leadscrew, the attachment of the handles on the compound and cross slide. Those are a few of the features I use to ID Sieg vs RealBull machines.
Using your attributes Vevor lathes look like they are definitely built by Realbull.

Back