VN 22L

Don't forget K & T's :)

Lol! That is actually what I really want. I would love to have K&T horizontal with a vertical head and a Lagun FT-2. Otoh, a #2 K&T vertical, #2 horizontal and a Lagun FT-2 would be the cats meow. Lol!

There's was (is?) a K&T with Vertical head for sale on PM. Did you see it?

I personally would not put a bp head on the over arm and here is why i would not its becouse if u rver wanted to do horizontal milli g with a arbor u will need to be able to put the arbor suport on the arbor suport arm and with a bp head on it u will not beable to do this a good drill press will give u the up and down u seek if u need power use the vn mill its a pain in the butt but with time it gets perty easy to bring the knee up to your tool bit

Sent from my LGL82VL using Tapatalk

I agree 100% with Bob.
Here are my thoughts on buying anything. The Buyer always sets the price, the seller can ask anything he wants for whatever widget he is selling. The key to getting a "good" deal is how bad do you need it. Like Bob said, if you have a working lathe then you can afford to wait for your deal.

On the other hand the time to buy is when you find it. When I bought my mill I didn't have a clue about what a great machine a VN22L is. If I did, I would have been more earnest in getting it instead of stopping by the seller's warehouse every 6 months or so (for YEARS) to see if it was still there and wave some $$$'s at him.
A 50 taper spindle is worlds above what is on a Bridgeport.
I would much rather have a good running VN22L than a Bridgeport in the same condition. Bridggies sell all day long for $3,500.
Go with cash and a way to load and move the mill right then and there! Of course this is easier if you or a friend owns a trailer that will handle the weight rather then having to rent something. If you do have to rent a trailer, check rental places near where the mill is located ahead of time. Give the seller a small deposit in the form of a check to hold it until you return with the trailer (write a bill of sale with all the particulars spelled out).
How familiar are you with moving a 4-5,000lb machine?

Mike

Awesome info. I have a truck big enough and access to trailers that can handle something of that weight.

Every one will be sick as hell when i tell you all what i paid for my van norman 22LU no it did not have tooling but has a cat 50to r 8 adapter in it so i can run both but i paid 100 bucks cash lol score of a life time guys

And the vn 22l is 3200 lbs they. Are a pain to move but so worth it

Every one will be sick as hell when i tell you all what i paid for my van norman 22LU no it did not have tooling but has a cat 50to r 8 adapter in it so i can run both but i paid 100 bucks cash lol score of a life time guys

That's just crazy. Definitely the score of a lifetime if it isn't clapped out.

No i use her every day it had been seting for 17 years it was a guys dads so it set in The back of a barn not used the tooling was long ago lost but the guys finds some parts here and there and brings it to me but i keep my eye open all the time

Back