VN 22L

Ja_cain i sent u a pm

Sent from my LGL82VL using Tapatalk

No i use her every day it had been seting for 17 years it was a guys dads so it set in The back of a barn not used the tooling was long ago lost but the guys finds some parts here and there and brings it to me but i keep my eye open all the time

Good stuff man! Makes you wonder how many awesome mills and lathes are sitting in the back of barns these days. Lol!

Allso in the pics u posted i did not see the draw bar the 22 and up van norman have two draw bars one is the draw tube and the other is a draw bar made for the 50 the it slides threw the draw the tube and sucks the tip of the cat 50 in to the draw tube so u dont over tighten it

My dad has 4 engineering degrees and looked up the patenet on the 22lu mill i have and told me that about the draw bar and tube so i will tell i know guys to keep these out of the draw unk yards

My dad has 4 engineering degrees and looked up the patenet on the 22lu mill i have and told me that about the draw bar and tube so i will tell i know guys to keep these out of the draw unk yards

Good info! I wish I had at least 1 engineering degree. Lol! I do work with 4 guys that have PHD's in different engineering disciplines. I think their combined years of experience as PHD's is well over 100 years. Lol! Unfortunately, no mechanical engineers. That's on my wish list.

Allso in the pics u posted i did not see the draw bar the 22 and up van norman have two draw bars one is the draw tube and the other is a draw bar made for the 50 the it slides threw the draw the tube and sucks the tip of the cat 50 in to the draw tube so u dont over tighten it

I don't have or ever saw a draw tube for the main draw bar on the VN22
I was going to ask how long the draw tube was, hoping it was for a Dividing Head.

Dad has one in mechanical engineering so if worst comes to worst i can go ask him and we all can find out lol

I dont know i am not in the shop i dont rememeber last time i had it out how long it was i can check in the next few days when i am back in the shop how long the draw tube is

The drill press part van norman made i believe it bolted to the face of the head on the mill i would have to double check on that to make sure i am telling this right they also made a low speed and high speed heads that did bolt to the face of the head but the head had to be put in to horizontal befor u could use them

Back