What Did You Buy Today?

Doesn't surprise me. From what I've seen the last year or so they are regularly in that range. I guess with your sales tax that's pushing a new unit into the $4700-4800 range so people are looking to save $1500-1800 and hope they get a decent unit.

I just finished going through the first 251 I brought home....cleaned inside/out, aligned the drive rolls, added a new torch, new work cable and clamp, new flow meter and hose, fresh 44lb spool of .035" wire, and tested it to include running a spool gun. The outside paint shows some scratches and normal shop wear, but the inside is still clean...it's not minty, but not trashed.

View attachment 452693View attachment 452694
I have a 250 at my shop in Michigan but I understand they’re not really related to the newer machines.

Picked up a motorcycle project.
1974 Honda CB360T barn find.
Nice!

I had that bike, about 25 years ago, but in an orange color. Barn find of a friend of mine, sold it to me for $350 then. Only had about 800 miles on it when I got it. Was plenty of bike to get me to work.

Went to an estate sale for an Atmos clock, unit is Atmos II, the line was long so tome to dig.

Found an interesting thing in a back corner, looked like a small toolbox, but inside it has 3 stones mounted on an axle.

It holds oil, and the knob locks it in place.

Marked $35.00, but it was 1/2 price, so only $17.50.

There were lots of folks there, as soon as I opened it, several were wanting it, too bad.

Today, we cleaned it out with an oil eater, then filled it with some ATF, likely not the suggested stuff, but the high detergent level keeps things clean.
c5fd54337cba47e9021672cc92379265.jpg
e64e23202e304a648176ae84164d2c8c.jpg
8943c373b2898b15626fa5a2a662f6cf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Well, I did it. Got the Samson baby knee mill to compliment my Samson 12 x 36 lathe.

View attachment 452757
View attachment 452758

View attachment 452759

View attachment 452760

View attachment 452761

Drop deck trailer and palate jacks for the win!!!!

Kinda fun getting it out a 32" door at the sellers place but renting a bigger engine hoist and borrowing a small palate jack from work, along with help from the seller and my buddy Josh from work got it done. Everything feels tight and it ran smooth at the sellers shop so I can probably just put it to work. Of course I won't do that, will look into changing the belt and making sure all the lube points are flowing from the one shot but this one kinda feels like my "forever" machine. As you can see I couldn't fit anything bigger in my space, and with the versatility this guy offers I doubt I'll be changing it up any time soon.

Will start another thread when I get into it, but for now I'm a happy buyer at $1600....

John
First chips:

8BA2572C-A467-4724-AE25-961BD71F4B0E_1_102_o.jpeg
554E3645-6519-43D7-9CC8-65420600667A_1_102_o.jpeg

This has to be a new record for me on getting a machine up and running, had to send off for a different plug which arrived this afternoon.

Now I'm really happy:grin:

John

I got this delivered about a week ago,but only found time to post now. My wife got it for my birthday actually back in May,but we waited for a special. It was about $64 and usually goes for $122, delivered. I got it on Takealot here in SA.
20230626_102800.jpg20230626_171630.jpg20230703_102105.jpg

Boy things change over time. Way back when the husband used to buy the wife a vcuum......what went wrong???

Boy things change over time. Way back when the husband used to buy the wife a vcuum......what went wrong???
Society decided that it was no longer acceptable for taking care of the home and children as a JOB and the housespouse needed to go out and get a paycheck. Single income families aren't as acceptable as they were "back then".

Society decided that it was no longer acceptable for taking care of the home and children as a JOB and the housespouse needed to go out and get a paycheck. Single income families aren't as acceptable as they were "back then".
:laughing:
My friend I think you JUST MIGHT have taken my,meant to be funny, statement a bit to literally:D. Or am I missing something in what you said?

I actually asked for this to use in the shop because I was sick of cleaning out small chips out of the T-slots on the mill.

:laughing:
My friend I think you JUST MIGHT have taken my,meant to be funny, statement a bit to literally:D. Or am I missing something in what you said?

I actually asked for this to use in the shop because I was sick of cleaning out small chips out of the T-slots on the mill.
I was soapboxing a little.

To get it back on track. (and I'll probably pay for this).
Why do women wear white at their wedding?
Men like it when all the kitchen appliances match.

Just got a .251 to .500 pin gauge set. I already had a .061 to .250 set and really like it. Among lots of other things like press fits, I use these to measure rifled bores as they are a hassle to gauge accurately particularly with an odd number of lands and grooves. My solution before was to machine a plug but these pin gauges are so much more convenient.

Back