What Did You Buy Today?

The one reason why I wanted the 252 was because it can have a MIG torch set up and an Al Spool gun set up along with two gases at one time. It will auto switch depending on which gun the trigger is pulled first. Only bad thing is that if you turn the machine on and bump the wrong trigger, you have to turn it off and back on to reset the system.
I run my 251 like that, two gases, two guns. Mode switch is just swapping the circular plug for the trigger. Love that welder, it's the modern incarnation of the Millermatic 35 workhorse.

Well, I did it. Got the Samson baby knee mill to compliment my Samson 12 x 36 lathe.

View attachment 452757
View attachment 452758

View attachment 452759

View attachment 452760

View attachment 452761

Drop deck trailer and palate jacks for the win!!!!

Kinda fun getting it out a 32" door at the sellers place but renting a bigger engine hoist and borrowing a small palate jack from work, along with help from the seller and my buddy Josh from work got it done. Everything feels tight and it ran smooth at the sellers shop so I can probably just put it to work. Of course I won't do that, will look into changing the belt and making sure all the lube points are flowing from the one shot but this one kinda feels like my "forever" machine. As you can see I couldn't fit anything bigger in my space, and with the versatility this guy offers I doubt I'll be changing it up any time soon.

Will start another thread when I get into it, but for now I'm a happy buyer at $1600....

John

Looking forward to seeing the thread in this one. Nice looking Mill you have there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice looking unit. I wouldn't mind finding a 251.

The 252 that I was bidding on had the expendables compartment in the front. The one reason why I wanted the 252 was because it can have a MIG torch set up and an Al Spool gun set up along with two gases at one time. It will auto switch depending on which gun the trigger is pulled first. Only bad thing is that if you turn the machine on and bump the wrong trigger, you have to turn it off and back on to reset the system.
You can have both the MIG and spool gun connected at the same time on the Millermatic 250X and 251 just like on the 252 so any of the three would fit that requirement. It's definitely a handy feature!

Picked up a motorcycle project.
1974 Honda CB360T barn find.
Tank is in the cab of the truck.
It’s a runner but needs a thorough going over.
e5d6a240fbea4e46a81c935754145244.jpg

I run my 251 like that, two gases, two guns. Mode switch is just swapping the circular plug for the trigger. Love that welder, it's the modern incarnation of the Millermatic 35 workhorse.
Why do you have to move the plug for the trigger? What sort of gun are you running for aluminum? With a Spoolmatic or Spoolmate it doesn't use the same plug that the MIG gun uses so you can have both hooked up at the same time and the machine senses which trigger is depressed.

Well, I did it. Got the Samson baby knee mill to compliment my Samson 12 x 36 lathe.

View attachment 452757
View attachment 452758

View attachment 452759

View attachment 452760

View attachment 452761

Drop deck trailer and palate jacks for the win!!!!

Kinda fun getting it out a 32" door at the sellers place but renting a bigger engine hoist and borrowing a small palate jack from work, along with help from the seller and my buddy Josh from work got it done. Everything feels tight and it ran smooth at the sellers shop so I can probably just put it to work. Of course I won't do that, will look into changing the belt and making sure all the lube points are flowing from the one shot but this one kinda feels like my "forever" machine. As you can see I couldn't fit anything bigger in my space, and with the versatility this guy offers I doubt I'll be changing it up any time soon.

Will start another thread when I get into it, but for now I'm a happy buyer at $1600....

John

Saweeet!
Looks like a perfect size.

Why do you have to move the plug for the trigger? What sort of gun are you running for aluminum? With a Spoolmatic or Spoolmate it doesn't use the same plug that the MIG gun uses so you can have both hooked up at the same time and the machine senses which trigger is depressed.
The Spoolmatic 30A has its own lead that connects inside the machine. It has its own gas regulator and internal valve solenoid. The only connection that needs changing to swap processes is the circular pin connector for the trigger. Since feed and heat settings have me touching the front panel anyway, it's trivial to swap connectors. The electronics do the rest. If that were not the case, I would not have bought the machine.

Picked up a motorcycle project.
1974 Honda CB360T barn find.
Tank is in the cab of the truck.
It’s a runner but needs a thorough going over.
e5d6a240fbea4e46a81c935754145244.jpg
I had a CR360 when I was 18. I really liked that bike. Great bike when you weigh 150. Not so great when you weigh 250.
I traded it for a 69 Roadrunner and blew up the engine the first week. I regretted it at the time but I could almost retire with what the Roadrunner would be worth now.
I was my favorite bike til I got my VTX

The Spoolmatic 30A has its own lead that connects inside the machine. It has its own gas regulator and internal valve solenoid. The only connection that needs changing to swap processes is the circular pin connector for the trigger. Since feed and heat settings have me touching the front panel anyway, it's trivial to swap connectors. The electronics do the rest. If that were not the case, I would not have bought the machine.
That's odd, my 251 has 2 trigger plugs so all I have to do is grab the gun. I guess they had various options.

Back