What Did You Buy Today?

I thank you for the kind words.

Hi I’m Tom and I SUCK!

If it makes you feel any better that ride has come to an official end as of 2 hours ago. I start a new journey in a week.

Cutting oil is my blood.
I guess I suck, too: I did a deal with Tom for the Bore Gauge Set.

The Spoolmatic 30A has its own lead that connects inside the machine. It has its own gas regulator and internal valve solenoid. The only connection that needs changing to swap processes is the circular pin connector for the trigger. Since feed and heat settings have me touching the front panel anyway, it's trivial to swap connectors. The electronics do the rest. If that were not the case, I would not have bought the machine.
That is confusing to me....and I used a Spoolmatic 30a on a Millermatic 251 yesterday.

I've actually had maybe 7 or 8 Millermatic 251s and probably five Spoolmatic 30a so far and there is no need to change or swap anything to go from using the MIG torch to using the 30a. That feature was introduced as standard in the 250X that preceded the 251. The 251 came out in 2001 and I've had one that early...same thing, you can have the MIG gun plugged into the smaller 4-pin connector, and a spool gun connected to the larger 10-pin connector at the same time. The machine detects which trigger has been activated. This is the 2001 Millermatic manual section that covers that:

Screen.png

That's odd, my 251 has 2 trigger plugs so all I have to do is grab the gun. I guess they had various options.
They didn't. All 251s have a small 4-pin connector for the MIG gun and a 10-pin connector for a spool gun.

I accidentally poured coffee in my Scotch glass this morning. I mixed murmuries with two different machines. The 251 is transparent, but when I ran a 35 I had trigger wires to swap.

Sorry for the confusion and the call to check Snopes.

I picked up 2 larger oil cans. One is an Eagle. Also I got a rolling table from work.
503e06bf51351967a41950e2956840d0.jpg

46c6b9a658a328dc63bbef38b96b0533.jpg

Cutting oil is my blood.

Picked up a motorcycle project.
1974 Honda CB360T barn find.
Tank is in the cab of the truck.
It’s a runner but needs a thorough going over.
e5d6a240fbea4e46a81c935754145244.jpg

Cool bike. Will you do a thread on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I did it. Got the Samson baby knee mill to compliment my Samson 12 x 36 lathe.

View attachment 452757
View attachment 452758

View attachment 452759

View attachment 452760

View attachment 452761

Drop deck trailer and palate jacks for the win!!!!

Kinda fun getting it out a 32" door at the sellers place but renting a bigger engine hoist and borrowing a small palate jack from work, along with help from the seller and my buddy Josh from work got it done. Everything feels tight and it ran smooth at the sellers shop so I can probably just put it to work. Of course I won't do that, will look into changing the belt and making sure all the lube points are flowing from the one shot but this one kinda feels like my "forever" machine. As you can see I couldn't fit anything bigger in my space, and with the versatility this guy offers I doubt I'll be changing it up any time soon.

Will start another thread when I get into it, but for now I'm a happy buyer at $1600....

John
If anyone has info on a manual specific to these little Taiwan mills I’d appreciate it. I’m thinking the head is just a Bridgeport clone but who knows….

John

Picked up a motorcycle project.
1974 Honda CB360T barn find.
Tank is in the cab of the truck.
It’s a runner but needs a thorough going over.
e5d6a240fbea4e46a81c935754145244.jpg
How far down do you think you’ll take it? I’d be tempted to just clean it up and ride it, I love the survivors….

Back