What Did You Buy Today?

seems a little holey.. does it twist easily? How thick?
I bought it from this feller here. He's got a ton of them. Holes are .320, perfect for running a 3/8" tap through on an as-needed basis. Now I've got to make me a bunch of wee little toe clamps.

For < $50 shipped, all in, that's a screaming deal.

Can you imagine drilling/c-sinking all those holes on a manual mill?

Fellow walks into the shop and asks "Will you drill thru and chamfer 2013 (qty) .320" holes for $20?"
My reply; do you mean per hole?

Edit: IMO, that's so cheap it's worthy of considering other applications. Maybe something where a sheet of a standard perforated metal wouldn't quite do.

Last edited:
I bought it from this feller here. He's got a ton of them. Holes are .320, perfect for running a 3/8" tap through on an as-needed basis. Now I've got to make me a bunch of wee little toe clamps.

That is a deal! Less than 35.00 shipped to me. I ordered one as well!

yea, I just don't know what I would do with that. It's only 1/4 inch thick. The 1/2" plate he sells looks more interesting but $120..

I need to cut a full length lengthwise t-slot slot in 12" piece of 3/8" x 1-1/4" aluminum (a clean fix for a prior goof), and I could not see myself doing the job in a 6" vise. A few tiny clamps on the fixture plate will fully support the work. $40 well spent. I figure the 1/4 thickness is a non-issue when bolted/clamped to the mill table. The big bonus is if I goof up my cut and dig into the plate for whatever stupid reason, I won't cry!

That is a deal! Less than 35.00 shipped to me. I ordered one as well!

I ordered 2. Sigh. I think I will find a use for them. Should be handy to hold that one off wierd part, just tap the holes needed to clamp down,

And enlarge couple holes as needed to hold plate down to table/ vice, or whatever.

Ps, shipping went up to $18 for two. Under $60 for two to my door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just joined, first post...

Currently taking advantage of the Sherline 30%-off special to flesh out my shop, building HO scale locomotives. Already have a halfway-decent caliper, so went looking for a nice small micrometer and indicator. So, amazon pukes up these Mitutoyo articles which seem to be discontinued models for rather decent prices, acquired both for under $100US:

View attachment 465628

Solid construction, smooth movement, and the micrometer looks to be accurate down to at least 0.001" measuring K&S brass bars (yeah, need some gauge blocks...), so I'm happy enough even if they turn out to be knockoffs.
That's a super deal.
Kind of makes me wonder why us commoners pay so much more.
Nice score!
Welcome to the forum.

Back