What Did You Buy Today?

Oh my. Too rich for my blood. I got these from KBC for about 50 bucks each. Much easier to stomach than 800.

yea, I just don't know what I would do with that. It's only 1/4 inch thick. The 1/2" plate he sells looks more interesting but $120..
Hell, even though they're mostly air, they are cheaper than 1/4" plate (OnLine Metals wants $65 for 12 x 24 6061, plus shipping): use it wherever you need a piece of 1/4" plate that has "lightening holes."

Grabbed a tool cabinet for machining stuff, I got tired of it living on my inside work table.

View attachment 465830
I like that it has a lot of shallow drawers – I hate wasting air above small items.

Great use of the lowest/narrow-ish drawer!

I'm trying some of this stuff. If it doesn't suck, I may use it in the big tool chest.
View attachment 465841
I started using Zerust 3 or 4 years ago; I use the liner in base cabinets like you just got, and plastic tabs everywhere else: no rust anywhere (but I do have a dehumidifier and a conditioned shop (65°F Winter/75°F Summer). Flambeau is now using Zerust dividers in some of their plastic storage boxes.

I think they got their start with handgun/rifle storage protection products.

I started using Zerust 3 or 4 years ago; I use the liner in base cabinets like you just got, and plastic tabs everywhere else: no rust anywhere (but I do have a dehumidifier and a conditioned shop (65°F Winter/75°F Summer). Flambeau is now using Zerust dividers in some of their plastic storage boxes.

I think they got their start with handgun/rifle storage protection products.

I keep some Zerust pods in the gun safe (along with a goldenrod). It seems to work in there, but I've never tried their liner/mat stuff.

Where do you get that? That looks like a perfect box.
I too, have a Harbor Freight box for the same purpose as @G-ManBart is using his. Mine is one size smaller but the same color. I equipped our lab at work with them because, even though prices have gone up, they are the best bang for your buck IMHO.

Back