What Did You Buy Today?

still have no idea what you guys are going to use that wiffle sheet for. just a holey drain pan.

I’ve already noted my thoughts, but now that we’ve found oval, slightly smaller holes, it’s a Carnival game: toss a ball bearing that just falls through the other holes and if you hit one of the two smaller ones you win!

I’ve already noted my thoughts, but now that we’ve found oval, slightly smaller holes, it’s a Carnival game: toss a ball bearing that just falls through the other holes and if you hit one of the two smaller ones you win!
Or connect four with marbles...

and what was that?

and what was that?
If you mean my thoughts for the plates use, bolt it to the 4-3/4" x 18" table on my Mini-Mill so I can work on larger parts: plate bolts to the table, part bolts to the table through the Ø5/16" holes and the what would have been overhung areas of the part bolt to the plate. I know this won't increase the working envelope of the spindle, but it will provide some additional rigidity to the part that wouldn't have been there if the part was hanging in mid-air.

If you mean my thoughts for the plates use, bolt it to the 4-3/4" x 18" table on my Mini-Mill so I can work on larger parts: plate bolts to the table, part bolts to the table through the Ø5/16" holes and the what would have been overhung areas of the part bolt to the plate. I know this won't increase the working envelope of the spindle, but it will provide some additional rigidity to the part that wouldn't have been there if the part was hanging in mid-air.
My thoughts were to use it as a fixture plate of some sorts...

Picked this up with the tooling for 24 bucks. Really just wanted the stand for my narrow belt sander and wirewheel but now it seems a shame to ditch the press....
View attachment 466155
And that is how I keep adding machines to my inexistent garage space... You buy something to use part of it and then you just can't bring yourself to cannibalize it...

Oh, and while I am at it... 24 bucks???!!

:you suck:

It's there on the one in the eBay listing as well:

View attachment 466843
Maybe it's a "feature," like software bugs?
Can it be fixed with a reamer? I was thinking of just threading it... but I do not have mine to check if that is even possible. Would not work if the diameter of the oval is larger than the diameter of the holes next to them... guessing that is the case or the seller would have fixed them instead of selling them as scrap...

Can it be fixed with a reamer? I was thinking of just threading it... but I do not have mine to check if that is even possible. Would not work if the diameter of the oval is larger than the diameter of the holes next to them... guessing that is the case or the seller would have fixed them instead of selling them as scrap...
Sure it would work, but 80% worth of 75% thread isn’t perfect. Someone would complain about buying a less than perfect plate!

What are the chances of needing that exact hole?

Back