What Did You Buy Today?

if you use steel wool you shouldn't use a water base cleaner. It will rust the steel wool fibers that hang around. That's why I am suggesting the white scotch brite. No chance of forming a rust coating later. I love using steel wool, but only with oil based or solvents.

I still have sikkens M600 a paint prep solvent. A great cleaner, and lubricant for wet sanding. I probably have 4 oz left.. gonna miss it... :cry:

I did a small sample area on the lid. I used uncut simple green and a scotchbrite scouring pad. Worked pretty good. I think I will go that route. As I just want to clean it up. Not a full restoration.
f708c56448206875c5135a8b48f50544.jpg

Cutting oil is my blood.

Me, too! Not sure what I’m going to use it for, but my brain’s churning.

Thanks, @pontiac428 !!
Mine arrived today, as described & well packaged with a wooden frame and corrugated cardboard faces - Where’s Waldo?:
IMG_6203_Radiant_Photo.jpeg

Can’t find the blem? Does this help:

How about now:
Oval hole; doesn’t impact what I think I’m going to use the plate for: extra large table for my Mini-Mill. I will clamp it to the table and clamp over-size pieces/parts with the “area of interest” within the capability of the mill. Only Mini-Mill with a 13” x 24” table??

Mine arrived today, as described & well packaged with a wooden frame and corrugated cardboard faces - Where’s Waldo?:
View attachment 466714

Can’t find the blem? Does this help:
View attachment 466715

How about now:
View attachment 466716
Oval hole; doesn’t impact what I think I’m going to use the plate for: extra large table for my Mini-Mill. I will clamp it to the table and clamp over-size pieces/parts with the “area of interest” within the capability of the mill. Only Mini-Mill with a 13” x 24” table??
That is it? That is the blemish? Mine should be here Thursday, November 16 by 7:00 P.M.

That is it? That is the blemish? Mine should be here Thursday, November 16 by 7:00 P.M.
That’s all I saw on initial inspection, but if you orders a number of 1/4” x 13” x 24” plates with 2,000 plus round holes, an oval one would kick it. I’m assuming the holes were milled on CNC not drilled which is why this one was oval.

When I read the maker's description of the part and his QC standards, he sounded like a perfectionist. Mine shipped and should be here in a few days.

This another one? Top RH corner? Is it ironic its 10 rows in and 10 rows down whereas the other one is 10 in and 10 up also in the opposite corner?

IMG_0489.jpeg

Last edited:
This another one? Top RH corner? Is it ironic its 10 rows in and 10 rows down whereas the other one is 10 in and 10 up also in the opposite corner?

View attachment 466794

Good eye - I missed that one. I did note the 10 x 10 location, and a mirrored one in the opposite corner sounds like a program glitch.

Back