What Did You Buy Today?

Nope. I simply stated facts, then I shut up.
To be fair, that's exactly what he did.:)

Can't say as I disagree with his disapproval, as a friend of mine was seriously injured on their motorbike on the way back to the hospital where his wife was giving birth to their first child. He missed that birth and the first few weeks of his baby boy's life because he was in hospital.

He was hit by an eejit white van driver who was on his phone and wasn't using any kind of hands-free kit.

Stationary at a red light? Well, it's not a war-crime is it? But personally, when driving, I tend to limit the use of my phone at all times to voice calls and only via the car's hands free functionality and with my driving (easily distracted :oops: :big grin:) I'll not even make or pickup calls if I'm in traffic that I have to seriously concentrate on (for example, motorway driving during busy periods).

Eh, not something to fall out over, though. ;):)

An entire shop . Helping out my ex-coworker's wife move all his belongings . Rich died a year ago , worked with him for over 15 years . He has quite an extensive collection of tools etc . No large machines , but all kinds of tools . It'll take a few weeks to move everything up here and I have to make the space first . Couple of Kennedy box sets filled with stuff , lots and lots of other goodies . Vises galore . :grin: Like I said , here we go again ! This was #2 on my list for the week . The hot water heater job slipped in between #1 and #2 which set me back 2 days .

Already have one from a fellow forum member… but I saw this show up last night on FB Marketplace for 35.00. Could not pass it up. And it is smaller than the one I have so it fits better on my table-top table…

Picked it up this morning on my way to Ray’s place ( @rdean )

Lamp, Vemco drafting machine, and drafting table (not in the photo as it is still in the truck). The table is not in the best shape so I will use the base with my table top…

IMG_4314.jpeg
IMG_4315.jpeg

Last edited:
Even handling your phone whilst in control of a vehicle in the UK, whether using it or not, is a fine and points on your license... see here >> UK Gov info

The above includes all vehicle types as well as motorcycles, but not bicycles, oddly enough.

Distracted driving/being distracted whilst in control of a vehicle is a serious issue and one known to have deadly results. It is neither smart, nor sensible to take your concentration from the road, stopped at lights or otherwise.
Same here in Australia, and I think we even include bicycles.

GGWSBD-2_1500x.jpg

A Grit Guard washing system, that should also double as a roller seat. We’ll see about that.

GGWSBD-2_1500x.jpg

A Grit Guard washing system, that should also double as a roller seat. We’ll see about that.
what does that do? wash what? Never mind. was able to get to the website. That's crazy expensive for what it is.

Last edited:
Same here in Australia, and I think we even include bicycles.
Question is, is a bicycle classed as a "vehicle" in Australia. Over here, that is a somewhat grey area being sometimes classified as a vehicle, sometimes not but the ruling definition appears to be "self propelled by means of electric motor, internal combustion or steam".

Back