What Did You Buy Today?

Got a small air compressor for the shop. Only 30cfm 7.5hp pressure lube pump copy of a sailor Beal 707. Hopefully should last me for a long time to come. I got the filters on order and picked up some fresh oil.

89a0ffb7989a67f5583e540e8f5fb5c9.jpg

I bought 20 CCMT (carbide) inserts that I use to cut (bore, turn, etc.) steel on the lathe.

I also bought some 1/16” C-04 low fuming bronze as well as Gasflux Type B Bronze paste flux. These work together for brazing thin steel tubing.

Finally, I bought a set of Park Tool needle nosed pliers. I broke my old one last weekend.

Today a big truck came by and I helped unload it. With my wife's help, and an assist from gravity, who am I kidding, a gentle free fall, I got this into the basement. 1.75" maple top that weighs 100 lbs. Allegedly can support over 2000 lbs!
View attachment 324043
Finally, a sturdy table to mount a 6 inch vise and a few other things!

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, but you have that table up the wrong way up, they work better if you flip it, so the wooden part is on the top.

IMG_20200512_160417.jpg
David.

Last edited:
I splurged and upgraded my lantern tool post to an Aloris AXA, and some additional tool holders. I love it!

Aloris has 20% off and free shipping through May30th. That’s what drove my decision to buy it.

Attachments

• Aloris AXA.jpg
    Aloris AXA.jpg
    548.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I was checking cl for a small bandsaw. Had one listed for 200.00. I looked at hf and a couple other places then went back to cl to see the same bandsaw for 125.00. I went to look at it and brought it home for 100.00. it needs a little TLC but it will work for me
As listed.
View attachment 325143
In my pickup.
View attachment 325144
Just like the Delta I practicaly had to give away to get rid of.
Could never get it to cut straight no matter what $15 blade I installed.

Back