What Did You Buy Today?

Yep yep , I believe she will come home tomorrow . :encourage: I'll be in work late tonight , I'll catch up with you .

I found the closer on the Dunham web site and nothing about the grooves. It would be nice to know what they are for to add to my versatility of the lathe.

I'd love to find some kind of collet setup that would go to 2" diameter (the through capacity of the spindle) that wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg.

View attachment 331773
Dang,
That's the real deal. Nothing rookie about this chuck.
Very nice

Just scooped up this cart. Welding cart here I come!
View attachment 331793
David,
I am thinking about converting this cart for my welding/plasma. Why? It has a smaller foot print for my small shop.
Well, maybe not. It's free.
The jury is still out. It would need quite a bit of retro.

Attachments

• IMG_5244.jpg
    IMG_5244.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5243.jpg
    IMG_5243.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 26
David,
I am thinking about converting this cart for my welding/plasma. Why? It has a smaller foot print for my small shop.
Well, maybe not. It's free.
The jury is still out. It would need quite a bit of retro.
It has interesting potential. Round tubing is a bit of a downer for me as my lack coping skills :D

Just picked up an Evolution cold saw. It’s the newer S355CPS model + I got a free spare blade.

Unfortunately the free blade it’s the same as the one that came with the saw (blue). An aluminum blade would have been sweet, but one can not really complain about a bonus item.

af01b5fdd8c339ef7d22abf670dda075.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm interested in what you think of the saw. I've considered one but shied away because of noise concerns. I have tinnitus and despite wearing hearing protection I find loud tools to be really tiring.

I'm interested in what you think of the saw. I've considered one but shied away because of noise concerns. I have tinnitus and despite wearing hearing protection I find loud tools to be really tiring.

The saw is fantastic. Excellent build quality, solid and cuts mild steel very easy. Like advertised, very few sparks, cold parts after cutting and a lot of blue chips. But it is quite loud.

I was oscillating between a cold saw and a band saw. I chose the first because of shop floor space. A bandsaw of comparable capability would permanently occupy a lot of floor space while the cold saw can be tucked away under the bench when not in use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up some odds and ends the last few days. In no particular order:
  • Mitutoyo micrometer stand so I don't have to juggle when I measure things
  • Niagara 4" diameter x 1/16" thick slitting saw
  • 1/4" diameter Niagara carbide end mill
  • 10 CPMW 32.51 inserts for my Sherline fly cutter
  • 4 better quality taps ( 6-32, 8-32, 1/4'-20 thru hole, and a 5/16"-18 blind hole). The thru hole taps push out the chips through the bottom. The blind hole tap expels the chips out through the top of the hole.
  • 5/16"-18 screws, and some 5/16" wavy washers
  • 1 foot of 1.5" diameter 1144. I am going to make an arbor for the saw out of 6" of the 1144. Found an excellent drawing on HM for an arbor.
Not in the picture is a set of Yuasa small bore gauges that I forgot about until just now.
IMG_20200806_173924.jpg

Back