What Did You Buy Today?

I order a lot of inserts from the same seller.

I ordered some stuff from him on eBay and have been very satisfied in the past. But On my recent order I got some very low quality stuff. Only the common stuff is any good. dont try getting say dnmg or vnmg inserts. They are pretty low quality for a lot more money. Also figured I could get some backup holders and once again the vnmg and dnmg holders with more complex geometry were not really useable.

My grab bag box of tooling showed up last weekend and I have finally gotten around to seeing just what all is included. Over 70 pcs. total, 11 of which are NOS Cleveland end mills that would list for over $500 according to MSC, various sizes w/2 pr duplicates.
A few boring bars and 5 MONSTER end Mills I don't even think I can chuck up in my mill.
A few pcs of 1/2 HSS blanks and a couple 3/8", spot drills and a few I do not know what are for w/small shanks.
DSCN7998.JPGDSCN7999.JPGDSCN8000.JPGDSCN8001.JPG5

My grab bag box of tooling showed up last weekend and I have finally gotten around to seeing just what all is included. Over 70 pcs. total, 11 of which are NOS Cleveland end mills that would list for over $500 according to MSC, various sizes w/2 pr duplicates.
A few boring bars and 5 MONSTER end Mills I don't even think I can chuck up in my mill.
A few pcs of 1/2 HSS blanks and a couple 3/8", spot drills and a few I do not know what are for w/small shanks.
View attachment 332288View attachment 332289View attachment 332290View attachment 3322915
Thinking you deserve a big :you suck:

Thanks Evan. The spray I've been using says 40% DEET on it. I think I got it at HD. It does work pretty well while I'm out in the shop. But like you said, stinks (doesn't bother me much with the fan & AC on) but feels nasty with the 100°+ days lately. Problem is I don't want to spray it on me after I'm done for the day & take a shower. I've been getting bit while in the house at night.

Them bastards are coming in from the garage. We use the garage to enter/exit the house. The neighbor has a fountain in their porch now & our side door is close to it. I'm pretty sure them buggers are coming from that. I'll so tempted to sneak over there & dump a bottle of bleach in there! That's why I put a zapper in the garage where I did. I'm definitely gonna keep an eye on the zapper to see if it gets anything.
Will,
Sounds like a multi-prong approach is in order. First get your neighbor to get mosquito dunks in any standing water. They are non-toxic and disrupt the breeding cycle.

Spray your yard, driveway, and as much of your garage as you can with permethrin. It is low toxicity, and really effective against pests including mosquitos.

Here's an article on using it for ticks, but it is equally effective on skeeters. I wouldn't spray it inside, but maybe a barrier spray on door mats outside and inside the house entry.

Finally, here's a CDC article that might help.

Will,
Sounds like a multi-prong approach is in order. First get your neighbor to get mosquito dunks in any standing water. They are non-toxic and disrupt the breeding cycle.

Spray your yard, driveway, and as much of your garage as you can with permethrin. It is low toxicity, and really effective against pests including mosquitos.

Here's an article on using it for ticks, but it is equally effective on skeeters. I wouldn't spray it inside, but maybe a barrier spray on door mats outside and inside the house entry.

Finally, here's a CDC article that might help.

Thanks but I'm good for now. My buddy & I were actually taking about the dunks last week. I think they actually poured something in the fountain, I smelled chlorine or bleach this morning when I left the house. I wouldn't say it's a huge problem where I need to spray or want to spend more money on. Never had a real problem before & they've had the fountain for a few yrs now. This yr is the first time we got any in the house.

Had the zapper on yesterday in the garage while I was working in there. It zapped maybe like 4 or 5 while I was in there. I've got it set on a timer now. Didn't notice any in the house yesterday & no new bites. I'll see how it goes. No idea if the one in the kitchen has zapped any.

View attachment 332288View attachment 332289View attachment 332290View attachment 3322915
Where the heck do you find deals on stuff like that?

What ESP channel are we on, I'm not receiving the pictures:dejected:

I'm not seeing anything either.

Maybe they blocked out the reception on the west coast :(

Back