What Did You Buy Today?

I have been waiting for Fedex to deliver my DRO for my lathe for over a week. I has been sitting not more than 70 miles in their facility. They just keep moving the date out.
I am at the point with Fedex, that if I know that someone is going to ship by them, I will just pass on the item.
Patrick
Ah, the old Heinz commercial comes to mind. Anticipation, it's making me wait . . .

Guys like Bruce are the envy of us all.
Many of us work in our 20X20X8 shops or smaller.
We haven't settled on this house yet. We are thinking after I retire we find a place with a shop and more property.
California property is expensive and we live up in the North Valley in a farming community. As you get closer to the urban centers and coastal regions the prices go into seven digits.
Ah yes, remember the days of a shop in my basement. Had about 20' x 20' with a little under 8' ceiling. How do I know? Couldn't stand a sheet of plywood up in the shop. I had to move my table saw away from a work bench and start the cut. Get about half-way and reach up with my foot to shut off the saw. Then pull the saw back closer to the work bench, fire up the saw and complete the cut. So much nicer to have a 10' ceiling and plenty of space to work the wood side of the hobby without fiddling with moving stuff around.

Bruce

Had about 20' x 20' with a little under 8' ceiling
Many members of this forum work i9n spaces smaller than that.
Have you seen Dudley Toolwright's channel? He is a good machinist with some excellent machine tools but his shop is very small.

Ah, the old Heinz commercial comes to mind. Anticipation, it's making me wait . . .

LOL, I had forgotten about those commercials. So true. I check the status like 4 times a day and it had not been moving for the last week. Now it has been turned over to USPS and supposedly somewhere between the handoff and my post office.

I have been waiting for Fedex to deliver my DRO for my lathe for over a week. I has been sitting not more than 70 miles in their facility. They just keep moving the date out.
I am at the point with Fedex, that if I know that someone is going to ship by them, I will just pass on the item.
Patrick

FedUp, I feel the same as you about them. My local driver is too lazy to even get my packages on my porch, he leaves them on the steps. I sometimes wonder how they stay in business.

FedUp, I feel the same as you about them. My local driver is too lazy to even get my packages on my porch, he leaves them on the steps. I sometimes wonder how they stay in business.

Ha, my FedEx driver just tosses the packages over my gate onto the front walk. One of these days I'll catch him and rub his nose in it like a bad dog.

Have you seen Dudley Toolwright's channel? He is a good machinist with some excellent machine tools but his shop is very small.
Yeah looks like he is working out of a 2 car garage. It is packed to the gills with equipment and stuff. I asked him if he had any plans to expand. He said his house is on a postage stamp sized lot and there is no room for an out building.

Yeah looks like he is working out of a 2 car garage. It is packed to the gills with equipment and stuff. I asked him if he had any plans to expand. He said his house is on a postage stamp sized lot and there is no room for an out building.
I feel completely ridiculous now saying I have no space in my shop... :oops:

Well, I'm in an 11x11 apartment bedroom in Greenwich Village with a 10x24 Logan, a bench grinder, vise on a stand, and a full workbench for my vintage pen restoration business...and my day job pandemic office...and my bicycle... but it works! Sadly, I can't fit a proper drill press, and the Bridgeport will probably await my next life.

Tim

Back