What Did You Buy Today?

I got a 40amp Hobart a year or so ago. About the only thing I use my O/A set up for anymore is heating things up with the rosebud to bend or preheat , and the occasional brazing job. I think you will really like it. Cheers, Mike

I have been using an HHO (water) rig for a while. What little torch work I do is done well enough with that small gas supply. There are a couple of projects on the "back burner" that would require cutting. If I can still find the parts $c. . .

Plenty of cfm, seems I'm usually running around 90psi. Mike

My latest Purchase the new AXA QCTP finally got it mounted.
had to make a new post out of 1020 case hardened. (may have to make a better one it was a bit short)Toolpost.jpg
underneath toolpost bolt.jpgToolpost bolt.jpgToolpost.jpg
Works like a dream just gotta learn how to use this thing now!

Last edited:
This AXA one is fine, but that OXO tool post I got was pretty sketchy.
I had to gently file and persuade it to play nicely when locking and unlocking the tool holders in the end it was fine, just too low for my lathe.

A pair of Makita MAKPAK #4 storage boxes for my welding hood and the welding torches.

#4 is a bit too large for the welding hood, but a #3 would have been a very tight fit

6fd16fe115e10136992a7b9fd79de072.jpg

04b67a35844f165d20db2c642b711f56.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday's arrival: a small personnel lift for working on projects above ground level. I've been searching eBay and craigslist for a while and finally found one close enough that transportation wasn't a big deal. Working height up to 26'. Self propelled although the batteries seem a bit soft. :(

Genie_GR-20.jpg

Now I have to find some loading ramps to get this little beast (2,400#) up onto the pickup bed for local transportation. Ramps I am finding look pretty wimpy for the weight but supposedly rated for 3,000# or more load. I really don't want the ramps to fold up on me with it halfway up into the truck, and I'd prefer to deal with a USA manufacturer so I can chat with their designers and assure myself that the specs are not gross exaggerations before buying. (ala the stuff from Trashcanistan)

We shall see!

My previous purchase of a manlift was a Genie hand-crank unit that goes to about 30' but requires arms like Popeye to crank yourself up and down. It's lighter weight and therefore good for wood floors (think gymnasium or similar) but I really only have room to store one lift., so #1 goes to the craiglsist swamp.

Stu

Back