What Did You Buy Today?

IMG_1110.jpeg

It was my birthday recently, so I got some birthday presents for the Logan while I was at it. Shars set-tru ER40 collet chuck, a 13 pc.
Techniks set to get me started with collets and a ball bearing nut and wrench from Rocky Mountain CNC.

View attachment 339822

It was my birthday recently, so I got some birthday presents for the Logan while I was at it. Shars set-tru ER40 collet chuck, a 13 pc.
Techniks set to get me started with collets and a ball bearing nut and wrench from Rocky Mountain CNC.
Almost makes you wish for more birthdays on your birthday!

Bruce

Scooped up a set of Tormach tool holders.
2 - 1/4”
2 - 3/8”
4 - 1/2”
ER20 collet chuck
1/4” drill chuck
MT3 adapter
d18479db9d681f9b5a28d6c60dac3f68.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ooh those are nice too. Im jelly. Never have enough and having to reset tool offsets when swapping tools.

Ooh those are nice too. Im jelly. Never have enough and having to reset tool offsets when swapping tools.
I use an ER32 system now but when I got my mill @mikey put forward the Tormach holders as a good system. I got a good deal on my ER32 set but an even better deal on these so I couldn't pass them up.

Just a couple add-ons for the 7 X 16 LMS 7350 lathe. An independent 4-inch 4-jaw chuck, and a spider for supporting work on the backside of the spindle. The spider replaces the jam nut on the spindle, and screws into place at the back of the headstock spindle. As for the 4-jaw chuck, sometimes you just want to turn something which isn't round, or centered.

4 jaw chuck and spider scaled.jpg

Nice find. My South Bend also has a D1-3. What collets does that take?
Robert

Back