What Did You Buy Today?

That's fancy, with the large table in front and set-up for some sort of stock from a roll or coil. Probably a paper or plastic stock, given the "light weight" of the set-up. That's great news for you, implying the sheer has lived a relatively "un-thrashed" life.

Is the pneumatic power a factory deal or shop built?

Just a word of caution. The first time you put air to it, regulate the pressure down low until you personally check out the travel on the mechanism.

War story: Once upon a time, I was unsuccessful at convincing the boss to fund a new one so I was forced to buy a used, shop modified (from stomp to pneumatic) 48" sheer. It arrived with a 4x4s (wood) under each end support. I assumed they were added by the machinery dealer for ease of handling and removed them. The first time I put air to it, BANG, the thing did a back flip. Scared the h&[[ out of me and attracted curious persons from all over the building. No one was hurt. Small divot in the concrete floor and the tension rod adjuster needed adjustment. Anyway, the 4x4s had been there because the chap that did the mod had the treadle driven below the normal floor level. BE CAREFUL.

Yep a previous owner installed pneumatic power. Thanks for the heads up.

Bought a 2500W induction heater from china. 220V AC instead of the 50V DC (I did not really want to fiddle with a big power supply). It even came with a nice heating coil.

I want to use it for heating the pool. A copper pipe with steel jacket (copper is not induction friendly) as a heat exchanger and high temp electrical insulation (ceramic?) between the pipe assembly and the coil to prevent electric shock.

c72d7d93bb8ab4cddb55eae316600f69.jpg

a09c91a35df4160eb517ee6ac5965110.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got the indexable carbide sorted out from the two chests.
More than offset the cost of both of them.
Bunch of 'notch' inserts in various styles, some even fit the holders.
Several threading inserts along with some milling cutter inserts that I haven't tracked down yet.

CarbideInd_5__Rc.jpg

Very small boring bar. Would not want to wager how quick I could chowder it up.
Decent Kennametal 3/4 mill
CarbideInd_8__Rc.jpg

Quite a number of CNMP431's, but alas, no holder for them.
A single CBN tipped 55° insert.
CarbideInd_9__Rc.jpg
CarbideInd_10__Rc.jpg
CarbideInd_11__Rc.jpg
CarbideInd_12__Rc.jpg

Back