What Did You Buy Today?

Congratulations @sycle1!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitutoyo 4-5”, with standard. The case is a bit worse for wear but nothing a little plastic surgery can’t fix.

I had to chuckle a little as I was driving out to get this today. I received my first micrometer, an NSK 0-1”, for my thirteenth birthday and although I didn’t use it that much I did occasionally have a need.

Fast forward a few years (like about 40) with a more focussed interest in machining related things I broke down and bought a 1-2” Starrett. That ought to do me, I thought. Why would I need anything bigger than that.

Then a 2-3” Moore and Wright showed up and, well, it just seemed too good of a deal to pass. Overkill for my needs though, I’ll never need to measure things that big...

When the Mitutoyo digit mic came along for absolutely silly dollars it was a real stretch — four inches, Frank? Really, you think you’ll need to measure accurately up to four inches....?

And now this. Clearly though this will be the end of it, I know my limits and that’s that. I cannot see how I would ever need to accurately measure anything larger than five inches.....

F06E99E3-0100-4356-A888-8D25CF587803.jpeg

-frank

I have a mill heading my way. I also ordered the "deluxe tooling kit" with all the usual stuff 321 blocks, parallels, vice, etc... and some 2 flute and 4 flute end mills. I received notification the deluxe kit shipped, then I received notice that the 4 flute end mills were on back order... what @$#$ use is a mill without cutters?

So... I ordered some 2 flute (ZrN) and 4 flute (AlTiN) end mills from a different source. I suspect they are better quality than what came in the Deluxe Kit anyway (as I recall they are Cobalt Steel in the deluxe kit, with no mention of coating).

RIP 2 flute and 4 flute end mill bits.jpg

Last edited:
finsruskw

Yep me too, liked it so much I took it straight off so it don't get chips on it.
Stupid little flimsy thing!
And it had a cut off switch on it.
When I say on I want ON! not when a safety feature says I can.

Last edited:
Back