What Did You Buy Today?

Well, bought them on the Flea for a nickle.98 a few days ago, but they showed up today. A nice old Dietzgen made in USA drafting set. As a retired full time IT guy, I just about can't stand to turn a computer on anymore. And my 'drafting' so far is more brainstorming shapes and sizes for this little project or the other. I guess if I get more serious than our choppers and 4x4s and kids toys I'll have to turn on the workstation and learn a CAD.

View attachment 341301
I'm just happy to know that IT guys get to retire :grin:

My ultimate fantasy is no email, cell phone or social media other than this place....

John

Are you kidding me???
You totally suck Jeeper. We'll give you a pass though, the 9 months of rain had me feeling sorry for you.

What Jeff said!!!
Clearly the rain gods have given you special access to sweet deals!

Definite suckage there. Congratulations!
Did you get any collets with the tapping heads?

Yeah Jeeper.... I was gonna say "you suck pondwater". (A little rain reference for ya)
One of my instructors used to say that in flying school...."Don't do that or you'll be suckin' pondwater" LOL

A set of metric ER 20 collets, a set of metric ER 32 collets, (20) 3/16” 4 fl, center cutting carbide end mills, a box LNGX 130708-R L55 WPK35s inserts for my Walter 4041 face mill, a revised ER 20 ball bearing nut, 5 more AXA tool blocks and large 5 gallonbucket full of taps, end mills, drills and lathe tool inserts.

The company asked me to make a couple specialized parts and pieces, not really wanting to make them, I told them, I would need some “specialized tooling” and I was not about to buy them. They asked how much, I told them roughly $2500, five minutes later, I had a check. So my latest tool splurges are being financed by others, God, I love this.

So this morning I ordered a ER 16 x R8 set up, collet chuck, fractional and metric collets, ball bearing clamping nut and a tapping chuck and collets. It’s going to be like Christmas morning over the next week.

Back