What Did You Buy Today?

A 2-day Oxyacetylene Welding class, an MT4/MT3 adapter, a gallon of dark screw cutting oil, and a 3 phase, 30A circuit breaker breaker and plug.

The gas welding class is in Oakland, CA the weekend before Thanksgiving. Only 3 spots left. The instructor Ana is top notch. Maybe one of you wants to take the class. Fire is fun!

Last edited:
Found this on our local Used.com site.
$20, rebuilt.
323ef076bcc88ba836236ddf37cbff56.jpg

And picked up a couple of DIs from Lee Valley.
24dd25b667e784f00be07cadfb7e5998.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a slew of those indicators from Lee Valley — they work fine and many of them I’ve had for years. What I specifically like is the small dial reads the full 1-9 as opposed to the ones that make two revolutions for the full travel.

-frank

I have a slew of those indicators from Lee Valley — they work fine and many of them I’ve had for years. What I specifically like is the small dial reads the full 1-9 as opposed to the ones that make two revolutions for the full travel.

-frank

One of your past posts was the inspiration :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been looking for a belt and disc sander for some time. Too many are priced rediculously. But this popped up on CL on Thursday, I was finally the first to call and got it for $100. It is sold by HF by the time it is delivered you are going to pay $350. So I am very happy.

This unit is in like new condition. I am very pleased. I forgot to take a picture of it before I put it in to my storage unit. But here is the factory image.

I am going to find a used VFD to wire into it so I can control the speed.

Capture.JPG

Devils4Ever,
I second the motion of making another Key for your 4-Jaw Chuck, but for a different reason. I got that chuck recently as well, and the flats on the key appeared to have been squished/forged instead of machined, and are not a precision fit. The slop will encourage them stripping. A replacement key is on my list of first projects to do once my Mill is set up.

I have been looking for a belt and disc sander for some time. Too many are priced rediculously. But this popped up on CL on Thursday, I was finally the first to call and got it for $100. It is sold by HF by the time it is delivered you are going to pay $350. So I am very happy.

This unit is in like new condition. I am very pleased. I forgot to take a picture of it before I put it in to my storage unit. But here is the factory image.

I am going to find a used VFD to wire into it so I can control the speed.

View attachment 342696

You say you're going to power it with a VFD ???

I wasn't aware that HF sold anything powered by a 3 Phase motor.

Is that machine 3 Phase?

You say you're going to power it with a VFD ???

I wasn't aware that HF sold anything powered by a 3 Phase motor.

Is that machine 3 Phase?

I am no expert, but I have been told you can run the single phase motor with a VFD and control the speed. Not all VFDs convert from single phase to three phase.
But I have some more research to do.

Back