What Did You Buy Today?

Sycle1, the chuck seemed to have a good grasp on the bit :)

One of them new fangled round corner drills.
View attachment 361102

I've almost got you beat... I'm the proud owner of a straight-flute-twist-drill...

Screenshot_20210330-075645_Chrome.jpg

It's one of those cheap chinesium ½" bits that comes as a set in the red index box... I was attempting to use it several years ago and it grabbed and straightened the flutes...

I kept it as a 'conversation piece'...

-Bear

nice! I got one just like that but without the stand. It's very useful and I've broken alot less stuff since I got it :)

I''m replacing this cobbled up mess. Had to extend it to use a 5/16" broach. I have a collar clamp I put a keyway in. Have to go half way, then -use a spacer block on top of the broach to finished the job.

Haven't broken anything yet, but with using a cheater bar on to get enough leverage, it's just a matter of time before I brake the broach. I actually bought a back up broach just in case.

The guy says there isn't a number on the side of the press indicating size. What size is yours? To me it looks like a #3.

20210331_082422.jpg

Last edited:
It's home now. The base is home built but pretty sturdy. Unfortunately when you bear down on the handle it tries to tip forward. I'll anchor it down somehow.

Wife came out a saw it, said where is the handle? I said in the lathe. I'm fixing it.

Her reply was, you just got it, now you are fixing it?

Wasn't too much of a fix, the rubber caps fell off the ends of the handle, so I drilled and tapped
the handle for a button head allen.

Now I can broach the keyway all in one shot :)

20210401_092356.jpg

20210401_092014.jpg

Back