What Did You Buy Today?

Hello, for me it's time to pratice sharpening, hss and carbide, i begin from clean the machine for understanding

Inviato dal mio SM-G950F utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:
I bought an Aloris CXA #1 directly from Aloris. $94.26 delivered.

At these prices, I will now need to make do with the number of CXA tool holders that I have.

97736C20-685A-447C-AAAA-839C3EDBF955.png

The only reason I bought this CXA #1 is so that the bump centering tool that I will make this weekend will have a permanent home.

4E36582F-9DBB-40D9-A8AC-AE32D8FA3CED.jpeg

Last edited:
Does Aloris direct have the 20% sale too?

Well i bought gage blocks last weekend and this is what i got from ebay.AF3191E5-6450-4053-9B78-1E866360035A.png365170D5-DF1B-4771-B1D8-D41FB7AD6381.jpegB93ECA4E-1131-4194-AF01-14D4D77452C5.jpeg
Not very happy. The box has been beaten up as well. No protection. Just floating around. Needless to say i am after some sort odf refund or something bc this is not ok

How hard is it to stuff a couple of napkins, crumpled newspaper, or corrugated cardboard in a box? Not correctly packed for transportation by common carrier. That is not ok. Your seller has a responsibility to pack the box adequately for shipment. They did not.

I cut up old boxes for packing. They are free, easy to shape, and light. Pieces of cardboard are also useful for a throw away work surface.

I forgot to post this! I got this absolutely ludicrous endmill as a part of a lot. I think it's a 2" Niagara rougher with a 1-1/4" shank. I weighed it and it came in at just under 1.6 kilos.

View attachment 361404

I have absolutely no way of using this crazy thing, but I love it and I'm happy I bought it.
I don't know, you could mount it in your lathe chuck and chew up something!!

I bought an Aloris CXA #1 directly from Aloris. $94.26 delivered.

At these prices, I will now need to make do with the number of CXA tool holders that I have.

View attachment 361549

The only reason I bought this CXA #1 is so that the bump centering tool that I will make this weekend will have a permanent home.

View attachment 361550
I have the CXA size lathe also. Don't be afraid of Shars tool holders. I have several and they work just fine for me.

Well i bought gage blocks last weekend and this is what i got from ebay.View attachment 361818View attachment 361819View attachment 361820
Not very happy. The box has been beaten up as well. No protection. Just floating around. Needless to say i am after some sort odf refund or something bc this is not ok

You didn't get that from eBay. You got it from an inconsiderate (at a minimum) seller.
I think it's incredible that "Was the item safely packaged?" isn't a star rating in Feedback. It should have been from the beginning.
Such things have happened to me too many time.
The kindest interpretation I can come up with, to describe that kind of mindless packaging, is that the seller has never received such a package.
Alternatively, they may be sociopathic without any concern to protect the condition and value of your purchase.
***end rant***

Sorry for your troubles.
Request a return and get a 100% refund.
Buy something else such as:

Last edited:
Back