What Did You Buy Today?

So I took off work today and did a little road trip and this thing jumped up on the trailer and followed me home
It’s a VanNorman milling machine with universal head it came with a bunch of Arbor supports and I think four different arbors support for horizontal milling also has a DRO on all three axis and this thing was pretty heavy !!!! But my winch pulled it right up the ramps and on the trailer pretty easily
If anyone would know what this thing might weigh I would love to know cause there is not much info out there on the internet the model number is 3R-10 or that’s what the plate says
Apprentice training would be a good thing. At least it wasn't in a heavy use production environment.

I bought a 5C collet chuck from CDCO a while back. It's not that I haven't been able to make good parts with it, it's the poor fit up of the collets and the cam lock to the spindle.
I bought this 5C collet from Smalltoolsinc.com It's a TMX made in Poland.
I bought the, no machine, D1-6 cam lock as well.
The difference in quality is substantial. It locks up like my Bisons.
Twice the price but much less than the name brand chucks.
I'll try and sell the original I guess. It works fine, I'm just a freak.

Attachments

• d1 6 plate.jpg
    d1 6 plate.jpg
    744 KB · Views: 14
  • TMX_5_5C_Tru_Length_Collet_Chuck_Plain_Back_Mount_3-862-0501P__74960.1521463788.jpg
    TMX_5_5C_Tru_Length_Collet_Chuck_Plain_Back_Mount_3-862-0501P__74960.1521463788.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 14
Back