What Did You Buy Today?

Wowsers! Ya done committed highway robbery! Suckage is definitely indicated.

Great score. I still have a very sticky trigger on my eagle can that i bought. I think its been heavily used and worn out. My only other though is is there a bushing between the plunger and trigger mechanism.

Great score. I still have a very sticky trigger on my eagle can that i bought. I think its been heavily used and worn out. My only other though is is there a bushing between the plunger and trigger mechanism.
did you clean it with mineral spirits?
sometimes its just gummy from dirt in the oil.

Let us know if woodchuckers idea works

Yea i cleaned the whole can and took apart everything. The trigger mechanism connects to the plunger with like a keyway cut like a dovetail and seem like there is significant play between the two parts. I tried putting a small o-ring on for a tighter fit but it still wobbles and i think is causing the lock up.

I was not aware that there was such a thing as a lathe file... Well, found that out and ordered one... arrived today with a few other things.

Bahco 1-104-10-3-0 Smooth Cut Lathe File, 10-Inch

Needed an all around ruler in 6" and 12"... the ones I had disappeared in my son's room... and also got a digital angle gauge...

IMG_2129.jpeg

Those digital angle cubes are incredibly handy. I bought mine for my vertical tube bender but it seems like I'm always reaching for it for other things.

I compared the electronic angle gauge to everything I had for setting angles back when I got it, and it was on the money every time at 1 deg of resolution. Soon I began to trust it for setting pinion angles and welding up axle linkages. Everything drives straight. That's a pretty big endorsement from me. Does the job of bob, string, and protractor very well, all on a handy magnetic base!

Back