What Did You Buy Today?

Let us know how noisy it is. I've really come to dislike overly loud equipment.

if that's a spiral hose, spiral chips are not going to play well with it

I have been reading here about and looking around for an older Handbook, even bid on several at the Bay to no avail. I found this one, tax, shipping and all delivered was 11 dollars and some change so I took a chance. It is in wonderful condition, it does have a prior owners name back when Indianapolis address's were rural routes. No tears no missing pages, even had a short piece of register tape book marking the thread pitch pages.

Attachments

• 15th edition.jpg
    15th edition.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 8
I have been reading here about and looking around for an older Handbook, even bid on several at the Bay to no avail. I found this one, tax, shipping and all delivered was 11 dollars and some change so I took a chance. It is in wonderful condition, it does have a prior owners name back when Indianapolis address's were rural routes. No tears no missing pages, even had a short piece of register tape book marking the thread pitch pages.
I did the same Friday…. But mine came to 29.00 - 13th Edition and 11.00 for the Guide…

E8888146-1477-48D7-8A33-EAC294733292.jpeg
7A7C9C5F-8EBB-479A-A1A9-1DC3393388EF.jpeg

Finally found an old Sheldon UL44-B lathe with a chain drive on craigslist to replace my tiny Harbor freight mini lathe. needs some TLC on some of the old bronze gears, but thats it.
I found what the U stands for but what is a chain drive on a lathe?
If I'm correct the U stands for under drive. Meaning a belt shift drive in the cabinet. Seems like it would be good.

I found what the U stands for but what is a chain drive on a lathe?
If I'm correct the U stands for under drive. Meaning a belt shift drive in the cabinet. Seems like it would be good.

Nice!! You have to go to YouTube to see the video. Does not work embedded in the thread.

Back