What Did You Buy Today?

2017 Toyota 4 Runner . Been a really crazy week but I think we've sorted things out . Getting down to brass tacks as far as the machines , keep or sell . :dunno:

Here's an Excel sheet that may be interesting. I will find out when my pin gauge set arrives, but it looks like with the dowel pins I have now, .375. .500. .625 and .750 I can measure accurately up to over an inch. The math makes sense, anyway.

You can use this in two ways, where you know the three pin sizes, and where you know the size of the hole you want to measure.

Measurements are in inches, but the spreadsheet doesn't care if you use metric, answer will be metric also.
Speaking of pin gauge sets..
I have one and I don't need one.
I think it's .100-1.00
.001 steps.

In different news.
I didn't buy it today. I bought it two weeks ago. It's going to be a bit before it attains full use but..

I bought a 1/2" thick aluminum plate 43"X65"
It's in pretty used condition but it was cheap enough to be considered for the bed of the CNC machine I'm S L O W L Y building.
I need to trim it to somewhere around 32X60 or so. Luckily circular saw blades are fairly cheap.

After it's built, one of the first things I'll do is use the CNC to surface the plate. The plate will be, basically, the support. I plan on using wood as my main medium so I'll have a wood topper for the aluminum. And when I choose to cut aluminum, I'll add an aluminum spacer to the bed to not mess it up.

At least that's the plan today.

So I picked these up from the guy I purchased my lathe from (he made me a really good deal) if anyone is looking for taps 1” and larger this guy has a bunch and is selling them for $20 each he has them up to 4” I think the one on the left is a acme 1”-6 there all made in the USA

Attachments

• 3B0A9EF2-DB44-416C-8DAC-B3B8E7FB33F2.jpeg
    3B0A9EF2-DB44-416C-8DAC-B3B8E7FB33F2.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 38
So I picked these up from the guy I purchased my lathe from (he made me a really good deal) if anyone is looking for taps 1” and larger this guy has a bunch and is selling them for $20 each he has them up to 4” I think the one on the left is a acme 1”-6 there all made in the USA
damn those are big. They look in great shape too. you gotta have a big tap handle for those.

damn those are big. They look in great shape too. you gotta have a big tap handle for those.
I don’t think any of the taps have ever been used and he has drawers full of them up to 4” I think

Back