What Did You Buy Today?

doesnt everyone call them Allen keys or wrenches? :high 5:

doesnt everyone call them Allen keys or wrenches? :high 5:

Normal people do. :big grin: But I have ran into people that have told me "what's that" when I mentioned an Allen wrench.

Still sad that Apex killed the Armstrong & Allen brands.

So no more Armstrong wrenches are out there Will ? I have more than my share and they were darn good wrenches . :rolleyes:

Sooo. It was the local engineering show today, and my friend and I stopped by for a looksee. Oh dear. Look what followed me home.

D25F5701-3FE9-4F3C-82D5-4337517900E0.jpeg

a new DRO system for the lathe, and a second hand 1 ton press.

8BC7176C-16B3-4D87-829B-5D0640587CE9.jpeg

The DRO readout is a solid bit of kit - diecast enclosure.

1AE5E419-A7FD-499D-BB63-690D265647AC.jpeg

The contents of my rucksack. A bundle of stock, HSS steel blanks, carbide tips, carbide burrs, a whole bunch of 4” files (1st thru 3rd in round, flat & triangular) plus handles, two indexable milling cutters and a 1000 lumen gooseneck rechargeable led task light that has interchangeable magnetic or shelf / bench clamps.

:cool:

My heavy stuff is getting heavier, and I have one last move. In order to keep the friends that I ask for help at these times, I ponied up for a set of these and one of those. I feel like I could move a space shuttle with this stuff.
43d5e233a9f6072fa1a0a2c34601004c.jpg

My heavy stuff is getting heavier, and I have one last move. In order to keep the friends that I ask for help at these times, I ponied up for a set of these and one of those. I feel like I could move a space shuttle with this stuff.
43d5e233a9f6072fa1a0a2c34601004c.jpg

Sweet! what brand is the toe jack and the skates?

Sweet! what brand is the toe jack and the skates?
Shenzhen Industrial people's machine skate factory! I liked these for the poly over iron wheels to conserve my floor. Lower profiles are out there, but 6 tons each for $50 a copy made sense. The jack is also an eBay common, pick any color...

Mr. Pontiac,
I have machine skates and that exact toe jack.
Yes, you can move the world with that equipment.

So no more Armstrong wrenches are out there Will ? I have more than my share and they were darn good wrenches . :rolleyes:

Can still find them new, some vendors still have plenty of stock. But they are no longer made. Apex killed Armstrong in favor of Gearwrench. I only have like 4 Armstrong wrenches and they are good quality.

Back