What Did You Buy Today?

in a heavy use environment the plastic will break. so the metal is worth a little more. Not twice more. I would rather buy 2 sets than pay 100 for the metal holder.

edit: BTW notice that if you buy one its 204, but if you buy 2 its 487... REALLY WTF... what kind of math is that. 3 is 881.
it's 408 for 2 if you buy the 2 separate
its 612 if you buy 3 separate..

Something wrong there.

in a heavy use environment the plastic will break. so the metal is worth a little more. Not twice more. I would rather buy 2 sets than pay 100 for the metal holder.
I bought the plastic version and hung it on the wall. I noticed after about 6 months that the plastic was distorting a little so I added a tiny shelf under it to support the weight. Now the keyholes only keep it against the wall, the shelf carries the load. I guess it could still fail, but I'd have to work at it.

I didn't buy, but you might. This is something I might want except for the price. I regularly take clamps and reverse them to do this, except mine never come close to the 1/8 or 1/4 inch foot print.. These are very valuable. And I can see these being used on a mill to do setup, just making it easier, then setting jacks in or NOT.
This is an FYI for those that might find a need. Too rich right now for me.

03K1830-pair-of-viking-arm-assembly-jacks-f-0060.jpg

edit: BTW notice that if you buy one its 204, but if you buy 2 its 487... REALLY WTF... what kind of math is that. 3 is 881.
it's 408 for 2 if you buy the 2 separate
its 612 if you buy 3 separate..

Something wrong there.
Clock3.jpg

time to learn the new math!

Supposedly the two differences are a metal vs plastic organizer and a better grade of material on the steps.

Yes beside the plastic case the clamps are made from a different grade of steel. According to the Travers site 20402 is made from 1541, 20402PL is made from 1018.

Yes beside the plastic case the clamps are made from a different grade of steel. According to the Travers site 20402 is made from 1541, 20402PL is made from 1018.
From what I saw 20402 is 1018, pl is ???

From what I saw 20402 is 1018, pl is ???

Amazon shows both sets as 1018, as I mentioned in my post Travers shows 20402 as 1541 and 20402PL as 1018. Odd thing Te-Co does not even list a 20204PL set on their site...

I checked several other sellers and most make no mention of material. It seems very unlikely to me that the only difference accounting for more than a $100 difference is simply a plastic vs sheet metal organizer.

Finally got off my duff and ordered a 4Nm NEMA24 closed loop stepper, controller and power supply for my electronic lead screw project. Decided I wasn't going to wait for the TI launchpad board to get back in stock. Besides, just didn't care for Clough42's interface. So rolling my own software using a Teensy 4.1. The Teensy has more than enough HP to do the job. Have made some good progress, documented in the Projects forum. Hope to receive the stepper kit in a week.

Why a stepper and not a servo? I realize you said it's closed loop, so it knows when it lost a step, but curious about the choice?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Stepper is simpler. A servo would be a fine choice, but I don't want to deal with control theory. The goal is an electronic lead screw that just works. Maybe later I'll dive into the servo pool if this isn't good enough. Already stretching my talents. ;)

Back