What Did You Buy Today?

Bought a KBC Grip 16 Drill/Mill today... Funny thing is that, as I was messaging the guy I asked if he had an engine hoist of some other equipment to lift it into my truck..NO. Well shoot We'll have to break it down for handling, which we did... But here is the story:

No joke.. I get a call from the guy who cuts my wife hair and he tells me that there is some kind of engine stand/lift in the dumpster out behind his place of work. So hey I'm out the door in my truck and at the dumpster in record time.

Sure enough a 1000 lbs engine hoist is sticking out of this dumpster, Score.... The bad is that someone had over loaded it and BADLY deformed the base tube that the mast base bolts to and there was only one outrigger, so me being the hands on guy... I say to my self a little plasma and welding work and I have a free hoist- short one out rigger. So I unbolt the sections and load it in my truck. As I driving down the service alley I get this thought... I wonder if the missing outrigger is one of the adjacent business' dumper, So I stop and look inside the very next dumpster and NO joke there is the other outrigger.

So tomorrows project is to rebuild the hoist and use it to reassemble the Mill I have in the back of my truck.... I Love days like this... too bad, being in my 60's this is the first day I've had like this...

IMG_3229.jpegIMG_3230.jpegIMG_3228.jpeg

I bought a label maker finally. Now i need to pick up some magnets and i can start labeling my shop like i want. 30$ from Sams Club

Attachments

• D4EA425E-611C-4BB7-A406-DA913DA875AA.jpeg
    D4EA425E-611C-4BB7-A406-DA913DA875AA.jpeg
    363.7 KB · Views: 15
my guess is that his cabinets are all metal and he don't want to put stickers directly on the metal, this gives you the option to rearrange things as needed.. pretty smart..
Exactly. I have a craftsman tool box that has regular mechanic tools in it as well as a drawer for drills and another for reamers. But im constantly moving stuff around. I just rearranged my drill index to put taps inside.

Exactly. I have a craftsman tool box that has regular mechanic tools in it as well as a drawer for drills and another for reamers. But im constantly moving stuff around. I just rearranged my drill index to put taps inside.
The Brother labels pull off quite easily. I used to use magnets too. I didn't like the magnets moving when I didn't want them too. I just put the labels on the cabinets now.

Picked up 3 sheets of 60 thou. 5052 aluminum. 60"x 41 to 48" wide.
A little less than $20 each at scrap price. There are some imperfections like a rippled edge or maybe roller marks.
Also picked up some other panels. The numbers are weights of each. $1.18/lbIMG_20220716_170347736.jpgIMG_20220716_194810198.jpg

Back