What Did You Buy Today?

The only Kanadian tv programming i ever watched was SCT.. Primarily for Bob and Doug.. but yes.. Monty Python and Bennie Hill were great..
One of my fave skits is this one

Umm, fair warning here -pet peeve time:

Nothing personal, but it's spelled Canadian, not Kanadian

We don't spell "United States of America" wrong or make fun of it with strange spellings/sayings (well. most of us don't), please don' t do it to us.

Probably a pet peeve for me because I served my country for 30 years in the RCAF, so I've probably got a wee bit more national pride than your average Canuck.

/pet peeve

Last edited:
I was on eBay again! After using up my last #6 Shear-Loc knobs on the Wee-Blocks, I needed more – I found NOS/Open Box #6, #8 & #10 from two sellers and added them to my meager collection of Shear-Loc samples I got early last year (not free - I emailed them a FedEx label) in their own box:

Imperial Shear-Loc.JPG
Yes, the box is a little empty, but think of what other sizes I can buy now. The knobs in the right-most row are 1/4, 5/16 & 3/8 Lever Shear-Loc Knobs that came as an unexpected bonus when I bought this metric set that came up during my search for 1/3 of the regular price (also saved $10+ net on shipping as it was a local pickup):

Metric Shear-Loc.JPG
In this case (Ha!), I added the handful of M3, M4 & M5 samples to the kit box.

I was on eBay again! After using up my last #6 Shear-Loc knobs on the Wee-Blocks, I needed more – I found NOS/Open Box #6, #8 & #10 from two sellers and added them to my meager collection of Shear-Loc samples I got early last year (not free - I emailed them a FedEx label) in their own box:

View attachment 414389
Yes, the box is a little empty, but think of what other sizes I can buy now. The knobs in the right-most row are 1/4, 5/16 & 3/8 Lever Shear-Loc Knobs that came as an unexpected bonus when I bought this metric set that came up during my search (also saved $10+ net on shipping as it was a local pickup):

View attachment 414390
In this case (Ha!), I added the handful of M3, M4 & M5 samples to the kit box.
I'd never heard of Shea-Loc knobs till your posts so thanks for the introduction. Handy bits of kit!

Just a heads up on the Ditron (great unit, BTW), you have to order it with the RPM input (and all axes you plan to use) but can't add it later. They build the ports and firmware to order. If you order one, get all the bells and whistles up front. I didn't know the RPM feature existed when I bought mine. Would be nice to have tool speed calculated for diameter and displayed in real time, eh?

5722996bcb5efd105d951da568ff3080.jpg

Quality air connectors, a ½” to 1/2” hose, a manifold, and 1/8” push connectors from McMasters. I will systematically replace all the leaky Home Depot connectors with these ones. I already installed a 5 stage dryer and filter and it has no (audible) leak. Gotta love quality components.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quality air connectors, a ½” to 1/2” hose, a manifold, and 1/8” push connectors from McMasters. I will systematically replace all the leaky Home Depot connectors with these ones. I already installed a 5 stage dryer and filter and it has no (audible) leak. Gotta love quality components.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
On my "list of good intentions" too. I have a plethora of makes; need to pick a horse and replace everything to a common supplier. Something about that steady "hiss" noise that drives me bonkers!

Bruce

Back