What Did You Buy Today?

Thanks. I think the problem is that I declined their cookies, so they don't want to do business with me. Interesting marketing style. :rolleyes:

The tangential tools are a great way to go. Totally easy to sharpen and your steel will last a very long time. Just grind a little radius on the leading edge so you're not cutting micro-threads all the time. I hope you post a review after you get some experience with them.
Did you see the review from Doug Gray?

couple old jacobs chucks:

s-l1600.jpg

It's a 14n and a 3A. the 14n just looks mostly neglected, the 3A is a different story. I had the seller take a picture of the jaws inside the chuck and they both look reasonably good. some wear, but hard to tell how bad staring at pictures.

The 3A looks like someone has been using a hammer and punch to tighten and loosen it. I'll see if it can be cleaned up enough to not look like a beaver has been gnawing on it and if not, maybe see if I can pic up an nos sleeve or maybe another junk chuck with a decent barrel/sleeve.

Last edited:
The parcel delivery wasn't too happy with me today. He had to hand me two packages probably 35kg (77lbs) each by hand:

For one there is a small machine shop that sells offcuts on eBay where I like to fill up my material storage. This is what I auctioned for ~70€ incl. shipping this time:

IMG_20220722_123538.jpg

The other package was a Röhm mill vise I got for 320€ new with 150mm (5,9") jaw width and 300mm (11,8") max. opening (a little more info in this thread)

IMG_0984.JPG

Last edited:
Well I needed a Dial Test Indicator so off to OfferUP I go... So you know how hard it is not to buy other things.. HELLO other items, walk away with:
12" dial caliper made in china
set Maxi-Kut fly cutters 3/4", 1", 1.5" and 2" - I already have lots of HSS blanks
Z Axial preset gauge
small clamp on vise thrown in a small bonus
-- and the item I set out to buy? Mitutoyo 513-104 DTI
IMG_3254.jpegIMG_3253 copy.jpg

I'd never heard of Shea-Loc knobs till your posts so thanks for the introduction. Handy bits of kit!
There is a brief moment talking about shear-lock knobs in this video. The shop tour is great. Not worth watching to learn about shear-locks but great shop tour regardless.

Back