What Did You Buy Today?

getting? I have thought that for years. The price of wood right now is also seriously expensive still.
Wood is up and down and still too high.
I noticed a standard 2x4 at home depot was over $9 about 6-9 months ago. Last time I checked they were less than $4.
My local metal supplier sells scrap steel for $.80#.
I picked up about 6 feet of 1 1/4” bar stock and some flat bar for $18.

The gal at the counter said business was slow. I wonder if a slow down is happening? Should help prices.?

Wood is up and down and still too high.
I noticed a standard 2x4 at home depot was over $9 about 6-9 months ago. Last time I checked they were less than $4.
My local metal supplier sells scrap steel for $.80#.
I picked up about 6 feet of 1 1/4” bar stock and some flat bar for $18.

The gal at the counter said business was slow. I wonder if a slow down is happening? Should help prices.?
One would think.. That's how supply and demand used to work, but then big box stores opened and the more demand the cheaper prices got as production scaled up (and usually quality went down), until it was so high, that production could not keep up and then prices went up..
it's a mixed up world we live in.. not the same as we were taught.

What did I buy today... Oh, yeah! I bought a Langmuir Crossfire XL CNC table with all the trimmings and a Miller Spectrum 875 with the auto-line electrics.

In other news, I think I've got my Atlas sold :(. As soon as I forget about it's idiosyncrasies, I'll probably miss it fondly.

What did I buy today... Oh, yeah! I bought a Langmuir Crossfire XL CNC table with all the trimmings and a Miller Spectrum 875 with the auto-line electrics.

In other news, I think I've got my Atlas sold :(. As soon as I forget about it's idiosyncrasies, I'll probably miss it fondly.
I want one too.... maybe in a few years.

Pics please
Atlas? Which product?

Last edited:

I like mine but haven't been able to spend much time with it of late. I have the parts and materials to add a shelf for a water table recovery/pump tank. I also added and like the Z-axis THC kit. I've been pleased with Langmuir's quality and support. Enjoy! :beer:

Pics please
Atlas? Which product?
The lead time with Langmuir is about 8 weeks, so no pics :( but plenty of eye candy on their site!

I've had an Atlas 10" babbitt head H54 that's been keeping me going for some years now, but it's big brother is out in my main bay getting cleaned up and prepped for installation. The same coworker that bought my Rong Fu wants the Atlas too!

Nardini Nodus 1760 is the new big iron. Hard fought and well earned.
IMAG1417.jpg

The lead time with Langmuir is about 8 weeks, so no pics :( but plenty of eye candy on their site!

I've had an Atlas 10" babbitt head H54 that's been keeping me going for some years now, but it's big brother is out in my main bay getting cleaned up and prepped for installation. The same coworker that bought my Rong Fu wants the Atlas too!

Nardini Nodus 1760 is the new big iron. Hard fought and well earned.
View attachment 419113
Let us know how you like the Nardini, what features it has, etc. Perfect size!
I’ve heard they are excellent lathes.

Let us know how you like the Nardini, what features it has, etc. Perfect size!
I’ve heard they are excellent lathes.
I'm impressed with the engineering. The name kept rising to the top as I dug through the selection for several years. I have been taking photos of the stuff I'm doing, and will put up a build thread once it's moved. Saving it up for a better story, dig?;)

Did a weekly check of FB Marketplace yesterday evening, made an offer (listed at $20, offered $10, Seller was happy with $15 [plus $2 in gas]). I picked it up after a dentist appointment for part 1 of a crown (at least the day wasn't a total loss):

Starrett 66 Almost New.jpeg

Gage and box in almost new condition.

Back