What Did You Buy Today?

We (my wife, youngest daughter, and I) are in Hendersonville, NC today and tomorrow. We went to the Fall Harvest Days festival at the Western NC Agriculture Center this afternoon. The festival includes a farm equipment and stationary engine show, tractor pull, and swap meet...

I spent most of the afternoon browsing through the various vendors' booths... I didn't buy much... but I did find an old Mitutoyo test indicator...

View attachment 423359

It needs cleaning, but works well...

We will be back there tomorrow morning to browse some more and see the tractor pull before starting on the 5 hour drive back home...

-Bear

We just arrived home from Hendersonville... I did make a couple of 'impulse' buys this morning...

First, a Millers Falls No. 97 breast drill...

20221015_182619.jpg

20221015_182629.jpg

It is a 2 speed ratcheting or continuous drill... I haven't had a chance to figure out all the functions yet.

The other buy was a stainless steel exhaust manifold for a 4.0 liter inline 6 cylinder Jeep engine... I think... lol!

20221015_182401.jpg

-Bear

Picked up this little Peerless watchmakers lathe. It’s about all I can fit into my shop now;)

View attachment 423736

John
So you are taking the approach of filling the glass with big rocks, then sand, then some sort of liquid to fill everything else? Good approach. lol

All joking aside, do you collect them? Or used them for the intended purpose? Or just wanted to have one for its looks?

Videos I found on those...

Back